PDA

View Full Version : Trying to record 2 programs but get conflicting timers error

bangorbob
14-04-12, 12:50
I have the Vu+Duo with both lnb's attached, both tuners are set correctly but when I attempt to try and record a program on ITV1 and another on BBC2 I get the conflicting timer error, I used to be able to do this on my Sly Box as long as the box was either turned off or on one of the channels that I wanted to record, but I cant seem to get this to work on this box. Is it possible to do this or am I going wrong somewhere?

Stanman
14-04-12, 12:52
1. Can you post up a screen shot of both tuner settings
2. Can you disable one tuner at a time and see if you get a signal.

Larry-G
14-04-12, 12:57
I would also suggest you check the F-plugs on the coax ( cables ) attached to the tuners as they may have come loose while removing and refitting them from the sky receiver or you may have a short in one of them. personally i would remove and refit the F-plugs completely to be sure they are ok.

Rob van der Does
14-04-12, 13:00
I would also suggest you check the F-plugs on the coax ( cables ) attached to the tuners as they may have come loose while removing and refitting them from the sky receiver or you may have a short in one of them. personally i would remove and refit the F-plugs completely to be sure they are ok.
Any bad connection will not lead to a timerconflict, as the box doesn't 'know' this: the box only looks at the tunerconfig.

bangorbob
14-04-12, 13:21
Thanks for the quick reply, Have attached screenshots, I have discovered that when I unplug tuner A I lose the picture, switched the cables but it seems that it is the tuner not the LNB or cable.

Stanman
14-04-12, 13:25
Can you post the unhighlighted details for both tuners.

Larry-G
14-04-12, 13:28
Any bad connection will not lead to a timerconflict, as the box doesn't 'know' this: the box only looks at the tunerconfig.

It's a 2 minute job and always worth a try as we all know what should happen and what often does happen can be two wildly differing things indeed.

bangorbob
14-04-12, 13:39
Here is the config for the second tuner

Stanman
14-04-12, 13:45
Before you said the second tuner did not work when the cables were switched over, did you disable the other tuner? If not can you select nothing connected and than re test please.

bangorbob
14-04-12, 13:51
How do I disable it, not sure exactly?

bangorbob
14-04-12, 14:11
Ok, I went into each tuner config and changed it to Not Configured and saved it and then exited out, I did this for both tuners and was able to watch a channel after each was not configured. I presume that this shows that both tuners are working.

Stanman
14-04-12, 14:35
Your post is not clear:- You disabled each tuner, not both at the same time and were able to pick up a signal on the other tuner and both leads into the box work?

Rob van der Does
14-04-12, 14:42

It's a 2 minute job and always worth a try as we all know what should happen and what often does happen can be two wildly differing things indeed.
Even without any LNB connected, you won't get any conflicts. The box simply has no knowledge of this.

bangorbob
15-04-12, 17:50
Sorry for not getting back sooner, have been away for the weekend. I sorted the problem by discovering that it was the buffer minutes added on at the start and end of the recording that were causing the problems, I edited the recordings to the exact times of the programs that I wanted to record and the timer conflicts disappeared. Thanks to everyone that gave advice. :)

Stanman
15-04-12, 17:54
how manu simulatenouse timers did you have?

Rob van der Does
15-04-12, 17:56
how manu simulatenouse timers did you have?
According to the OP only 2. So if this is indeed the cause, it would mean that only one tuner was capable of receiving those channels.

Stanman
15-04-12, 18:01
Thats what I was thing Rob.
@OP can you go to two separate channel and press the record button and see if channels are greyed out. Try Bbc1 and Sky sports 1

Larry-G
15-04-12, 18:19
According to the OP only 2. So if this is indeed the cause, it would mean that only one tuner was capable of receiving those channels.

Hence my reason for asking the OP to check the F-plugs and cables

Rob van der Does
15-04-12, 19:15
Hence my reason for asking the OP to check the F-plugs and cables
LOL. has nothing to do with it: the box only knows what's in the tuner-config, not if a cable if connected.

A bad connection can only lead to a zero-bytes-recording, not to a timer conflict.