PDA

View Full Version : setting up second dish on tuner b

river-rat
14-04-12, 11:58
need some help

got a new fofset 1 meter dish with lnb and wired into tuner b on my box

now for close to 3 hrs, got signal on my meter (got 2) one says 22khz light on and red light on h/v and screaming loud

go to box and no channels showing? or signal on box..... i have tested on 28.2 and even the normal sky box says no channel

any help?

is there a live signal level plugin for the 9200?

river-rat
14-04-12, 12:08
update, find sat finer, on 28.2:

61% snr? where i would say is rubbish as my sky dish points out high 90`s
agc 0
ber 0
tick in locked

db 10?

basilyoung
14-04-12, 12:17
need some help

got a new fofset 1 meter dish with lnb and wired into tuner b on my box
now for close to 3 hrs, got signal on my meter (got 2) one says 22khz light on and red light on h/v and screaming loud
go to box and no channels showing? or signal on box..... i have tested on 28.2 and even the normal sky box says no channel

any help?
is there a live signal level plugin for the 9200?

if you are using an inline satmeter ( gets is power from the recierver )
first of all, you should shut the unit down, connect the meter to the coax cable ( best done near the dish ) receiver, and lnb
set the units tuners up for what ever the intended use is, ie; static dish on say 28 east, or motorized, then use a fta channel, ie, bbc
then make adjustments to the dish, with the meter set to max, once you get a strong sig, reduce the setting on the meter, and make fine dish adjustments
that should sort you out

once done, and piccy on screen, shut down the unit, remove meter, restart unit

Trial
14-04-12, 12:25
Hi,
with a laptop (WiFi) or Android cell phone you can have the SNR reading near the dish while you try to adjust it.

ciao

river-rat
14-04-12, 14:58
sorted out with the iphone app and a little movement, got 85% snr now, werid as better dish, better lnb, but o well

the main skyplus box gets high 90`s on signal and quality

Trial
14-04-12, 16:56
Hi,
you cannot compare the percentages of different boxes. You compare apple with pears (German saying).

ciao

Huevos
15-04-12, 02:35
You compare apple with pears (German saying).Ever tried apple bobbing with pears?