PDA

View Full Version : EPG Problem

newDuo
14-04-12, 11:26
Hi,

Although I have the EPG set to download every night it doesn't download. This morning I found it empty.
I started the EPG downloader manually but it now says starting downloader and has been stuck there for 20 mins.
Can anyone help please.

keith0509
14-04-12, 11:55
You have more than likely got a corrupt epg. dat file but don'y worry it can be resolved quite easily.
The file epg.dat is written upon closing Enigma, and read when Enigma wakes up. As long as Enigma is alive all EPG-data is in memory. So deleting it is only possible if Enigma is stopped (so telnet "init 4" to stop E2, then remove the file, "init 3" to get E2 alive, then do an import.
The file epg.dat can easily become corrupted, and then cause all kinds of trouble.

mrmad1966
14-04-12, 13:37
For me when I had this problem, the issue was caused by the usb pen drive being incompatabile ie mount did not remain persistent..

newDuo
14-04-12, 13:59
I don't have any USB pend drives. I am using a USB Hard disk. The mount seems to be good.
Also, the if have the official VU USB dongle.

newDuo
15-04-12, 15:06
Hi, I am sorry but I am a bit lost.
I can ssh into duo no problem.
Could you please please tell me which files to remove?
then will shutdown -r now using root would do? This should reboot the box.
Finally, where do I import the new file again from?

Silent
15-04-12, 16:43
If I remember correctly epg.dat is stored in etc/enigma2/

Just delete that, then switch the box off and back on.

Rob van der Does
15-04-12, 16:52
If I remember correctly epg.dat is stored in etc/enigma2/
Just delete that, then switch the box off and back on.
Since OP is using a HDD it will probably be HDD/epg.dat
Please tell us your EPG-download settings. And in cases like this it is useful to activate debuglogs and to post the log.

newDuo
20-04-12, 17:19
Hi guys,

The only "epg.dat" file is in ./etc/enigma2/epg.dat

I have removed the file and then restarted from the shell on the box but that didn't do the trick. I have also done a hard reset by powering the box down and the powering it back up again.

Now, when I press the blue button and start the downloader it still doesn't work and gets stuck on starting download.

But, if I use the menu and go into setup/EPG/TV Service Providers/ Select SKY UK and press yellow button to download it starts and downloads fine.

The problem is that i have it setup so that it download every morning at 4am. So, eveyday when I wake up and start it I see it being stuck on the start download saying "service not available".

Please let me know how do I activate debug logs and where I will be able to find the logs, I am happy to do that if that helps.

Rob van der Does
20-04-12, 20:43
Menu --> Settings --> System --> Logs --> Settings --> Activate debuglogs

And via
Menu --> Settings --> System --> Logs --> Logmanager
you can sent them directly to the ViX-team.

wurz
28-04-12, 12:18
I had the same problem and read this and other threads. I fixed it by using DCC, went to media/usb/crossepg and deleted all entries in this folder, and deleted the epg.dat file which is in media/usb. Then rebooted the box and then manually downloaded epg data and everything was there. I guess the epg.dat file was indeed corrupted.