PDA

View Full Version : Questions Regarding Re-Flashing?

gedclarke
13-04-12, 16:47
Hello, now that I've had my vu+ duo over 6 weeks and pretty much got it set up as I want it (vix 2.3 etc), I'm starting to get bored (as you do!) and want to try a few of the other images while I'm waiting for the new release. But as the box is just as I like, I want to make sure I don't mess things up to muc.! So if anyone can help me with these few questions before I do......

1) Will everything on my internal harddrive be safe? (I've got 700gb worth of movies and cannot lose them)

2) I've made a back-up of the settings, will this restore everything exactly as it is now (plugins/cccam/timers etc)?

3) When's the new release out.................only joking!

Cheers

Ged

Larry-G
13-04-12, 16:55
1. the flashing process does not touch the hard drive unless you choose to re-initialize it, however as always i would recommend you backup any thing you would not like to loose.

2. making a settings backup will backup your bouquets and configuration files etc, you can also set it to backup other files and folders by pressing the menu button. I would however recommend that you make a full image backup blue button> ViX> image manager. This will create a exact backup of your entire image as it is now in a USB format file you can flash back like any other image.

3. no ETA's as always but hopefully soon.