PDA

View Full Version : Proud Vu Ultimo Owner

jfk
13-04-12, 15:40
Hi Guys

I have my new ultimo up and running with vix image in the last two weeks. I must say the box really suite my needs and I have not have and crash or issues so far. The only issues its that of the remote but I have purchased the vu universal remote as replacement.

Just want to say thanks to the vix team for the image.

Jfk

punisher
13-04-12, 15:44
glad you're enjoying your new box, brilliant piece of kit and glad you chose ViX :thumbsup:

Larry-G
13-04-12, 15:44
Hi Guys

I have my new ultimo up and running with vix image in the last two weeks. I must say the box really suite my needs and I have not have and crash or issues so far. The only issues its that of the remote but I have purchased the vu universal remote as replacement.

Just want to say thanks to the vix team for the image.

Jfk

Congrats on getting a Ultimo. It is in my humble opinion as a fellow owner one of the very best receivers available and by far surpasses it's nearest rival the DM8000. I also have to agree with you on the remote, it appears to be orientated towards the east Asian / oriental market and a little on the small side for larger European hands but the Uno / Universal remote works very well in it's place.

bassethound
13-04-12, 15:53
Just had my ultimo for just over a hour love the big front display

not 100% sold on the remote but the box looks very sexy and well built not sure if the glossy paint job will not need cleaning every day :p

Larry-G
13-04-12, 15:55
not sure if the glossy paint job will not need cleaning every day :p

Yeah it is a bit of a dust magnet hence why mine is at the bottom of my receiver stack, but i do give it a good once over at least once a week.

jfk
13-04-12, 16:05
I have to say there is so many thing am loving in regards to the Ultimo, very quick zap, fast, excellent pix quality with vix image etc. well, i dont know what to say again as "he who feels it or has it knows it better" for DMM hope by now they have learnt their leason from the the producer of vu Ultimo for this great box:)

jfk
13-04-12, 16:06
Just had my ultimo for just over a hour love the big front display

not 100% sold on the remote but the box looks very sexy and well built not sure if the glossy paint job will not need cleaning every day :p

You are wellcome to the club!

Ev0
13-04-12, 17:21
Yep still love mine, even though i've had it a few months now :D

Stanman
13-04-12, 18:58
Its a bloody box not Nicola Kidman:D:sofahide:

s1m0nw
13-04-12, 19:19
haha stanman brilliant was thinking the same thing lol

Ev0
13-04-12, 19:29

Yes exactly, low maintainence, and does as it's told too (which I doubt she does) :D

basilyoung
13-04-12, 20:03

And Nicola wants her grapes back Stan ( I take it you, like me have not got one of these beautiful units :smash: )

Stanman
13-04-12, 20:35
And Nicola wants her grapes back Stan ( I take it you, like me have not got one of these beautiful units :smash: )

She could do with two water melons, only improvement she needs.

I do have one of these beautiful beasts, caress it to sleep every night, can't wait to get home to it, but still would prefer Nicola:D

basilyoung
13-04-12, 21:54
She could do with two water melons, only improvement she needs.

I do have one of these beautiful beasts, caress it to sleep every night, can't wait to get home to it, but still would prefer Nicola:D

just off for some vomit soup stan,

so I am the only Ultimoless guy at the peep show... gits :baby:

punisher
14-04-12, 07:48
Lol no u aint the only one bas :-p