PDA

View Full Version : Tuner problems after upgrade

Dr-Chris-Smith
13-04-12, 10:48
Hi
I have just upgraded my 9100 to VIX 2.3 and all went ok. However when I turn the box off and back on I get no picture and the SNR is zero on the channel which was working ok before switch off. If I move the dish to another satellite then back all works ok. Has anyone in the forum encountered the same problem or knows of a fix please?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Stanman
13-04-12, 10:51
Using a 9000 here with no problems on a motor, whats your tuner configuration.

Dr-Chris-Smith
13-04-12, 11:05
Hi
Sorry its a Xtrend 9000.
Tuner config for both A & B, Configuration= simple, Mode=Positioner, lat/long same as before upgrade, power=no
Also when I switch the unit on the 'satellite moving' icon is continually flashing. Once I move to another sat and then back it works fine.
Thanks again for the prompt replu.

Stanman
13-04-12, 11:30
do you have two motors?

Sorry no expert in this field but if you have only one motor, than change tuner B to same as A and try.

I think you can control motor by only one tuner and that may be your proble if you have only the single motor, box might get confusec if you have both tuners as motor.

Dr-Chris-Smith
13-04-12, 12:23
Stanman
I only have 1 motorised dish. Tried what you suggested but still the same. I did notice that it always uses tuner B but not sure if thats relevant.
Thanks for the offer of help.

Stanman
13-04-12, 12:38
You are gonna have to find out which of the cables i the one going to the motor and put that on A and set up as positoner and gha B as same

Dr-Chris-Smith
13-04-12, 12:51
Stanman
Did as you suggested and rebooted and it looks like the problem is sorted.
Many thanks for your help.

Stanman
13-04-12, 14:36
No worries mate, glad your sorted.