PDA

View Full Version : Keeping channels up to date

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 11:22
This might seem like a dumb question, but when a signal is lost for a channel due to a change of transponder or satellite moving out of alignment or some other reason, is there a way to tell the Duo to keep track of any changes to channel changes?

For example:
Recently the signal to Setanta Sports changed and I was without it for a while until I found some info to say that they changed transponder.

How does this work on a Sly box for example? I can't imagine that users would have to go manually scanning to find the channel again.

Perhaps there's some background monitoring of any changes that I haven't found?
If anyone can enlighten me as to how this works I'd really appreciate it as I don't want to be downloading new bouquets and destroying my customised ones that keeps herself happy :)

grtmoby
18-08-10, 11:51
afaik, vu doesn't support this feature which is called blind scan (correct me if i am wrong guys).

as for the bouquets, u don't need to destroy anything even if there is something new u want to add. have a look here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?411-How-to-copy-and-paste-bouquets-from-different-settings-packs)

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 12:10
Thanks grtmoby.

So, for example, let's say I have my bouquets in order and then I see that E4 is not working anymore. If I scan 28.2 to find the new settings for E4, will it update the E4 channel in my bouquet or will I need to manually replace the old E4 with the new E4 that was discovered during the scan?

grtmoby
18-08-10, 12:13
it will automatically update it Gee

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 12:15
Cool. So perhaps the feature I'm looking for is background scanning that will scan at a certain time to ensure that the channels in my bouquets are up to date. I guess I'm asking for too much here, right?

pooface
18-08-10, 12:32
Not too sure it will work like you want it Mr Gee...

The way the sly box works from how I understand it, is that it downloads the data in the background. It's kind of like a bouquet update that works in the background.

It's happened in the past where the transponder changes for a channel, it won't automatically update the one you have in your bouquet. You will need to remove the channel that's dead, and then re-add it to the bouquet from the new transponder...

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 13:24
That makes sense for the Sly way of things. Thanks for that. Guess I'll just have to continue doing it the way I always have then.

mo.p
18-08-10, 23:09
That makes sense for the Sly way of things. Thanks for that. Guess I'll just have to continue doing it the way I always have then.

even my old dm500 clone let's say I have my bouquets in order and then I see that E4 is not working anymore.
it says ( removd service) then If I scan it update the mising channel in my bouquet there must be something can done