PDA

View Full Version : Permanent timeshift

brainmolester
11-04-12, 10:21
Hi there, I have a small issue concerning permanent Timeshift.... I have a Vu+ Duo with VTI 4.1 installed... I have my Picons installed on HDD and permaent timeshift installed. I found out that I have to put my hardrive On and active for 2 hours without going in stand by because if it goes on standby after 1 min, whenever I cahnge channels it freezes because it is accessing the Picons on the HDD (this is my analysis). So I kept it active for 2 hours with the fan on... and concerning the permanant Timeshit, i found that whenever it is on I get some freezes every once in a while.. so I disabled it.....
Just wanted to have your feedback on this buys... I am just tweaking my machine and wanna make sure it works well with no freezes and I hope what I am doing is correct.
regards,
BM

brainmolester
11-04-12, 11:34
please guys... any feedback?

sonc
11-04-12, 14:02
Putting your picons on a usb stick will solve the first problem, maybe the second as well.

brainmolester
11-04-12, 14:52
what about putting them in the flash?! but i heard it is not good in long term....

digi247
11-04-12, 23:46
Picons and EPG data should ideally be stored on a USB Flash Drive leaving the Hard Drive for recording and timeshift only

Rob van der Does
12-04-12, 06:44
what about putting them in the flash?! but i heard it is not good in long term....
Flash is the very best location for picons.
And HDD the very worst (for exactly the reason you found yourself).