PDA

View Full Version : HI

prigy
10-04-12, 06:21
Hi i'm new to the forum and i'm trying to decide if i should by a VU+ Duo or not. i reading a lot of the topics and probably getting a little overwhelmed, but my questions for now are,
Can i use it with my existing sky dish?
would you recommend starting off with just your sky dish until i become more familiar with the box?
the reasons for asking these questions are the missus has been moaning about me cancelling sky and not being able to record now, so somebody mentioned the VU duo and i managed to stumble accross this site.
cheers for your time

BadBoy
10-04-12, 07:07
I would recommend an xtrend over the duo, I recently bought a duo already owning an xtrend and my duo constantly crashes with the latest Vix image. The trend is also a nicer looking machine.

Yes, you would use your existing sky dish with the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sonc
10-04-12, 12:45
I don't think its fair to judge the Duo because yours crashes using one particular image. My Duo never crashes running BlackHole, so I would absolutely recommend a Duo :)

Both seem pretty similar based on the spec (have a look on the sponsor's website to compare). There is also a discussion here on xternd vs duo:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8921-vu-duo-or-the-xtrend-ET9000

prigy
10-04-12, 14:22
cheers guys will have a good read up

Sicilian
10-04-12, 15:53
I don't think its fair to judge the Duo because yours crashes using one particular image. My Duo never crashes running BlackHole, so I would absolutely recommend a Duo :)

Both seem pretty similar based on the spec (have a look on the sponsor's website to compare). There is also a discussion here on xternd vs duo:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8921-vu-duo-or-the-xtrend-ET9000

That thread is a little dated now, latest Xtrend is the ET9200 and lastest hardware revision has fixed Tuner B for SR30000 channels. I'd defo recommend the ET9200, worth the extra 20quid for newer CPU and more RAM, although you wouldn't go wrong with either the Duo or ET9200.

BadBoy
10-04-12, 22:06
ET every time, and the easiest image for a newbie amd best image going is vix. Since we are on a vix forum I would go for an ET.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk