PDA

View Full Version : Duo Now Not Visible on Network why ?

mrmad1966
08-04-12, 13:21
Can anyone tell me WHY my duo (Latest VIX) is no longer visible on my home network ? I can still telnet in, can still ftp in, can still use DEdit & IP address is all setup correctly BUT periodically (and more often than not now !) it will not show up in network neighbourhood Why does this happen ? Same on my linux systems ??
thanks

satmanbasil
09-04-12, 13:23
Hi mate

Have you enable network search on your pc ? you could try rebooting your router and have you assigned the vu a static IP address or allow the router to assign one when unit is on?
regards

Bowz
09-04-12, 17:12
Hi Mrmad 1966,
Same thing happend to me today, no devices visible on my windows 7 system, re booted everything and still no change. Changed type of windows network to "work" and hey presto they all re appeared. Still doesn't explain why they shouldn't be seen by your linux based NASA/Supercomputer system :p

Good to see you using the forums to their full potential..............:cool:

mrmad1966
09-04-12, 18:06
Hi Mrmad 1966,
Same thing happend to me today, no devices visible on my windows 7 system, re booted everything and still no change. Changed type of windows network to "work" and hey presto they all re appeared. Still doesn't explain why they shouldn't be seen by your linux based NASA/Supercomputer system :p

Good to see you using the forums to their full potential..............:cool:
Thank you Mr Bowz, seem to have resolved my problem, the answer for my particular case was to turn the bloody Samba server back on...motto of the story "Stop Bloody Fiddling" :-)

mrmad1966
09-04-12, 18:08
Could you tell me one other thing please Bowz.. Does your Duo crash when selecting Network Browser ?
Thank u

Bowz
09-04-12, 19:09
I get the spinning vix logo for a few seconds then it lists my network devices

Stanman
09-04-12, 20:37

It will do that, the box is busy scanning the network for devices hence the busy gui of spinner.

mrmad1966
10-04-12, 15:27

A few seconds was the same as me the first time around I installed VIX. But since a fresh install I have gave up waiting after 5 minuets of the spinning logo...UPDATE ! Waited TEN minutes then spinning logo disappeared & only the VUDUO was seen on the network. The Ubuntu server & windoz clients were not seen. Also the duo is on a 192.168.1.0 network so when I browse the NFS shares on the DUO why are they displayed on a 192.168.0.0 network ?????