PDA

View Full Version : Tuner B Problem

dsbpaul
07-04-12, 19:40
Hi chaps, I've spent all weekend with my VU Duo but have a hit a little snag.

I can't get Tuner B going at all. I have tried it on Equal To A and Simple/Single but still nohing. I have gone into Satfinder and Tuner B SNR is going up and down between 18 and 30%. I've no idea what this means but thought it may be relevant.

I was going to have a motorised dish, but I've decided to just use my mini-dish, so wouldn't mind getting this sorted but my grey matter is all used up!

Dell_XPS
07-04-12, 19:42
Is there a cable feeding tuner B ?

Stanman
07-04-12, 19:45
You have two cables coming in? if saw, swap them over and see what happens, if its working than checking the F plug is on properly with the cable, if so might need to check LNB end as well.

dsbpaul
07-04-12, 19:57
Thanks for the quick replies lads. I think it could be something to do with the wire coming into the house. I've ordered a 1m Gibertini dish and was going to get that fitted on Wednesday but after some calm words from the wife I'm having to just use the minidish, but I can't put my finger on whats wrong with this cable! Just tried recording something again, and then when I change channels I get the red tune failed message.

These machines are not for idiots, I can certainly confirm that.

Saying that, they both must have worked fine as of yesterday, Sky box was recording fine etc

stecra
07-04-12, 21:14
Hi had the same problem and i tried all of the above then i found out that the dish was a bit out of Alignment as i have an motorised dish i just put the latude and long in and moved back and now working ok hope this helps.

dsbpaul
07-04-12, 21:19
Its clearly something to do with the incoming wire. I swapped them over and then I could scan for channels and get them on Tuner B, but not on Tuner A. I'm at a loss now. Had just decided to not spend the extra few hundred on installer and motorised dish, but with no recording facility its suddenly very un wife friendly

Dell_XPS
07-04-12, 21:47
Have you got both set to 28.2 in the menu m8 ?

basilyoung
07-04-12, 21:52
Its clearly something to do with the incoming wire. I swapped them over and then I could scan for channels and get them on Tuner B, but not on Tuner A. I'm at a loss now. Had just decided to not spend the extra few hundred on installer and motorised dish, but with no recording facility its suddenly very un wife friendly

Well its not an LNB problem then ( the thing on the end of the dish arm )
First of all, power down the unit, disconnect the coax cables

the "Wire" most call it "Coaxal cable" is at fault by the sounds of it,
the best thing to do, is check both ends of the coax cables ( well the F connectors which most likely are the screw on kind )
and make sure that the outer braiding is connecting with the outer caseing of the F connector, also, make sure NO BRAIDING is connecting with the inner "wire" as this could short out your tuner
this also needs to be checked at the Dish end as well, also once checked ( at the dish end ) you need to get some self almaligating tape ( maplins sell it ) and re cover the connecters, to stop water shorting your tuners

Alternitly, get a good sat installer to do this for you

dsbpaul
08-04-12, 19:56
Just a quick note to say thanks for all the advice. I've just taken coax cable out and stripped all the braiding as suggested and it now works a charm. I've seen another thread on here with the same solution in the past, I feel daft now just glad for the help to save install guys fees.

Thanks again