PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Two crashes in a row

MarsArtis
06-04-12, 22:25
Today april 6th 2012 I noticed the blinking green icon teling me that some updates where available.
So from the VIX menu I went in the software update and it 2 packages were available: choosed to view the changes, but no info was returned.
So Tried the option 3 "Upgrade and ask to reboot". Nothing was installed.
So tried the unattnded upgrade and the VUDUO crashed. With the black screen and spining VIX sprite.

Had to switch off the receiver.

Once restarted I tried to start recording a show. Immediately the Duo crashed with the crash screen.

So decided to post the crashlog here.
Well the odd thing is that in the /media/hdd folder the most recent crashlog is dated 24/01/12.
Any suggestion about missing update crashlogs?

MarsArtis
07-04-12, 12:44
This morning I've tried reinstaling the ViX-2.3.153-vuduo_usb.
I tried for two times since the DUO keeped on stucking on STARTING.
Before the third attempt I reinstalled the duo_cfe_3_0_usb. And this time the receiver started ok.
Everything was detached apart the internal HDD (WD5000AAKX-0)

After the basic setting I plugged the WIFI pen (recognized as rt2800usb, it's a Dlink branded adapter). Activated it and configured but it wasn't unable to join the network.
After a restart I tried again and this time the Duo crashed with a black screen. Again no crashlog found in /media/hdd nor in /home/root/logs.

Anyhow now the Duo joined the network and I was able to update (how to check the present build version?)
Why on earth no crashlog is been created?

wullboy
07-04-12, 12:50
If you go into menu/system/settings/logs and in the settings menu set it to yes to enable, and set the debug log location, that should then give you a crsh log in the future m8 ??

MarsArtis
07-04-12, 12:53
why is it not enabled by default? This is odd since I had some few crashlogs back to 2011, and I never disabled it.

MarsArtis
07-04-12, 14:00
wow had two other crashes. Installed CCCam 2.2.1 and while triying to enable it the duo crashed.
Even this time no crashlog was written.

judge
07-04-12, 14:03
Have you run out of space o the internal flash?
Telnet into the box and issue:
df -h & report back.

MarsArtis
07-04-12, 14:18
since my wife was pressing to whatch recorded movie I had to install another image (Sifteam-Koala).
Later I'll retry everything.
But I'm wandering: If I've reinstalled from scratch how can it be possible that I've run out of space on the internal flash?

Bat
09-04-12, 12:13
Hi,
You need to enable debug logs in menu/system/settings/logs otherwise they get deleted when the box reboots!
When you have logs post them up here and also email them directly from the Duo in Log Manager. :)
Cheers,
Gavin :)

bellejt
02-06-15, 15:37
just noticed that logs are set to off after update to hades 11 .Activated them again.

judge
02-06-15, 15:54
just noticed that logs are set to off after update to hades 11 .Activated them again.
Debug logs are disabled by default on all fresh flash installs. Only really needed when an issue needs to be reported.

bellejt
02-06-15, 15:56
ok,as soon as I have a problem I will set the log here.