PDA

View Full Version : taken the plunge :)

Etk
17-08-10, 08:48
Just ordered a Duo from the forum sponsors, have read so much about sat setups in the last 2 weeks feel like my brain is going to explode... think its about time I just got on with trying it out now or I'll never remember all the things I've read.

Not getting my dish etc fitted for another week or two so if the box arrives before that can I try it out with my current sky dish? any links for how to get my sky card working in it?

world-of-satellite.co.uk
17-08-10, 09:34
Hello Etk, thought I'd thank you here for your order and I'm sure you'll get all the help here that you need to get your card working ;)

Sicilian
17-08-10, 09:36
:welcome: to the forums Etk, have a read here on getting your card working http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?517-The-basics-to-cardsharing-with-your-CCcam-capable-satellite-receiver

grtmoby
17-08-10, 11:08
congratulations on the new toy..uhhhhhm box :D

i am still enjoying and messing around with mine till now, hope u'll b too m8

Mr.McGee
17-08-10, 11:58
Instead of starting a new thread, just felt saying that I received my Vu+ Duo a couple of hours ago. Stuck in the office so won't get to play with it until 10pm tonight :(

SLOTH
17-08-10, 12:03
welcome to the forum guys ...you both made the right Decission , the Vu + is a fantastic box.
Sloth

grtmoby
17-08-10, 14:23
oh poor McGee, have the feeling you are sick and need to get an exit permission ;)
:D

Mr.McGee
17-08-10, 16:28
Haha. I wish fella. Off to take care of my kid in the hospital after work so no excuses for me this time, I'm afraid ;)

grtmoby
17-08-10, 17:07
Haha. I wish fella. Off to take care of my kid in the hospital after work so no excuses for me this time, I'm afraid ;)

wish he getting well very soon.

our regards from here :wave:

Etk
17-08-10, 21:34
Really looking forward to finally getting the chance to play with this, despite years of being a member of tons of different internet forums and getting to grips with all sorts of different technical bits and bobs I don't think I've ever felt quite as confused starting out with something as this! Sure it'll all make sense soon...

Just to clarify, if I do need to try this out with my existing sky card and dish will it just be plug and play or do I need to use ccam to get it to work on the duo too?

EDIT: McGee, all the best for you and your kid, hope they're ok.

Mr.McGee
17-08-10, 22:50
Thanks for the kind words folks. Much appreciated. Sorry for the thread hijack Etk ;)

Just hooked my box up and got a scan running. Strange that none of the channels on 28.2 work from a bouquet that I downloaded (Mister X). Kept asking me to check the sat config. Hopefully there's not compatibility issues with a Multytenne dish. Fingers crossed.

Etk
17-08-10, 23:15
Glad you've got it up and running, look forward to hearing how you find it :)

grtmoby
17-08-10, 23:45
@ Etk: yeah u'll need to use cccam and edit its config file. sure pretty easy to do in here ;)

@ McGee: have u done an automatic/manual scan even on a couple of transponders. what was the results!!!!

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 00:08
I ran the manual scan and it picked up over 4000 channels from 13, 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2…well at least it should be 28.2 but instead it's showing as 28.4!
Now when I load back in my bouquets, nothing works for 28.2 as it can't find the satellite as it's listed by the Vu+ as 28.4!
All very confusing.

And the good points, I'm not getting any Tune Failed like my DM800 clone and channels like E4 HD work perfectly, unlike my DM800. Sky Sports seems to be a lot more stable also. No breakup so far. I have received a few greenscreens already when installing the bouquets.

Should have said I'm using latest VTI image. Gonna try another image right now, although I should go to bed…

grtmoby
18-08-10, 00:19
Gonna try another image right now, although I should go to bed…

with the duo u r barely gonna close your eyes ;)

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 00:41
Just installed this image http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?915-Dream-Elite-Vu-Duo-BH-1.3.3F
but when I went into the tuner config, the only satellite available to me was 28.2
With VTI I was able to configure the 4 satellites correctly. This is getting tedious as I know it can see all the sats and view any channel.
Do I need to make a manual scan each time I install a new image or is it enough to just configure my tuner and install my favourite bouquet?
I don't fancy waiting another 40 mins for it to finish a scan.

grtmoby
18-08-10, 01:02
no u don't need to. just setup up ur bouquets the way u like it, back it up to ur pc and so u reload it whenever u want

Mr.McGee
18-08-10, 01:12
Tried a previous version of DE and seems to be all ok for the moment. Cheers!

stone999
18-08-10, 05:02
McGee, all the best for you and your kid, hope they're ok.