PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo or extrend et9200

Konatist
06-04-12, 08:24
Hi this is my first post I'm new to the sat side just started this year with a blade 7000, *but after a few month I miss not having the ability to do what seemed like the simple things with my vermin box, like series record, record 2 channels, and a decent epg. So going to take the plunge and buy one of the above but what one I've read up on them in different forums and some say the duo wins hands down and is better supported, but *the xtrend is newer and better chip set i just can't make my mind up of course I'll be buying from the sponsor goes without saying after hearing nothing but good reviews. So what do you think duo or xtrend???

Sicilian
06-04-12, 08:29
Both are very good receivers, you wont got wrong with neither and image support for both receivers is very good. The ET9200 does have a newer chip and more ram, well worth the extra £20.

Konatist
06-04-12, 08:35
Is the duo not better supported by vix I know they do images for both but been told the pq Is better on the duo. It's hard trying to make up my mind lol if I had the extra funds in go for the ultimo

Sicilian
06-04-12, 08:38
Is the duo not better supported by vix I know they do images for both but been told the pq Is better on the duo. It's hard trying to make up my mind lol if I had the extra funds in go for the ultimo

The ViX image is the same for both receivers. Regards PQ both are excellent. I've got both and both are superb on my Panny plasma.

Larry-G
06-04-12, 08:42

some users report that picture quality is better but thats their opinion. as for the level of support offered by the ViX team, we or rather andy puts a huge amount of work into all the receivers we support we do not take any preferential stance contrary to what some people on other sites may believe.

Konatist
06-04-12, 09:13
Might end up with a good old flip of a coin ha ha, or let wor lass pick in that case it will be the xtrend in her words "it looks nicer"

Sicilian
06-04-12, 09:21
Ya missus will choose the ET9200, aesthetically pleasing ;)