PDA

View Full Version : how good are these vu+

wazza_2
05-04-12, 21:35
hi, been looking around at the plugins that you can get on these boxes and comparing it to xbmc thats been going just as long as these vu+ boxes and dont see nothing that compares to it, what i would like to no is weather to expect anything like this in the near future or can these boxes not handle anything like this. thanks

judge
05-04-12, 21:42
VU+ boxes are the dogs bollix, however they do not run xbmc & I wouldn't compare both.
If you want an xbmc type look, the next VIX release will have a skin that does just that, but then again it depends on what you want the box to do & look like.

Sandman
05-04-12, 22:20
hi, been looking around at the plugins that you can get on these boxes and comparing it to xbmc thats been going just as long as these vu+ boxes and dont see nothing that compares to it, what i would like to no is weather to expect anything like this in the near future or can these boxes not handle anything like this. thanks

You're comparing apples to apple pie there! XBMC has PVR plugins for use with PCI cards and can also connect to Enigma 2 boxes but its primarily a media centre rather than a satellite receiver!

The word is Vu+ are for bringing out an XBMC version this year but IMO you're better keeping the 2 separate....

s1m0nw
05-04-12, 22:46
is that really the word ... like the birds a word lol.

I'll be having meself some of that if it does come out