PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Where to store EPG and PIcons - USB, Flash or HDD?

rebane
05-04-12, 09:25
There has been a lot of discussion in different threads (mostly regarding E2 and system crashes).
The opinions and suggestions sometimes differ diametrically.
So, which is the best place to store picons and EPG (typical configuration: EPG-refresh + XMLTV)?

Larry-G
05-04-12, 09:28
I use a 4GB cruzor blade USB stick in all of my receivers ( Uno,Ultimo,Duo ) for picons, CrossEPG, crash and debug logs, settings backups, image backups and more. All work perfectly fine.

irishchris
05-04-12, 11:08
Likewise also using 4gb sandisk usb for picon, epg and logs. Works perfect and never had issue. Used to have 64mb swapfile also enabled on it but no longer see the need as runs flawless without recently. Would prefer USB option for picons especially as you don't want the HDD spinning up everytime you access the epg or when changing channels.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

machare
06-04-12, 00:21
Would prefer USB option for picons especially as you don't want the HDD spinning up everytime you access the epg or when changing channels.I just have my "picon" directory on my relatively old 2GB Kingston USB stick. I don't think I changed anything else for the picons to work from there.