PDA

View Full Version : idream x can't find box?

cacs
04-04-12, 14:43
Hi, just received my vu + duo but idreamx can't find the box. Entered the right ip and left username root and left password blank but it's still saying no box found. The macbook has found the box and also i can ftp to the box.

Can anyone help?

Sandman
04-04-12, 14:51
Hi, just received my vu + duo but idreamx can't find the box. Entered the right ip and left username root and left password blank but it's still saying no box found. The macbook has found the box and also i can ftp to the box.

Can anyone help?

When you got Menu --> Plugins --> OpenWebif -->

what is the http port?

make sure it matches in your iDreamX config and test again!

cacs
04-04-12, 15:04
I changed it to 00080 in openwebif and i put 80 in idream x but still can't find box.

Sandman
04-04-12, 15:08
OK...you're using a Mac so,

open a terminal and type the following -

telnet 192.168.xxx.xxx (enter the IP of your server)

when prompted for username, enter 'root'

it should then let you into the box...if not, there is already a password set!

assuming all is well at this point, type 'passwd', enter and confirm your new root password

enter the new password into iDreamX and try again!

cacs
04-04-12, 15:13
OK...you're using a Mac so,

open a terminal and type the following -

telnet 192.168.xxx.xxx (enter the IP of your server)

when prompted for username, enter 'root'

it should then let you into the box...if not, there is already a password set!

assuming all is well at this point, type 'passwd', enter and confirm your new root password

enter the new password into iDreamX and try again!

Worked an absolute treat. Cheers mate.

cacs
04-04-12, 16:51
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the picture settings? The menu is too far to the left and is cut off. I have tried adjusting in osd menu but it's still cut off. Also have no overscan setting on my tv so can't turn it off.

Mr. Mister
04-04-12, 16:56
Menu > Set Up > System > OSD > OSD Set Up

Then just toggle the options left and right to get everything to fit to you screen size..

cacs
04-04-12, 17:00
Menu > Set Up > System > OSD > OSD Set Up

Then just toggle the options left and right to get everything to fit to you screen size..

Tried this but to no avail, i moved the width to the maximum but it's not enough.

Larry-G
04-04-12, 17:02
The way i do it on my TV's is to adjust the OSD so that it lines up with the left hand side of the screen then adjust the width to align the right side.

Mr. Mister
04-04-12, 17:05
Yep.. Then adjust the top of the frame and fit to your tv..

Then bring up the bottom of the frame until you can see everything nicely fit your tv screen,..

cacs
04-04-12, 17:20
Done it thanks lads.

cacs
09-04-12, 18:57
Can anyone help me disable picture in picture completely? My wife keeps pressing it by accident and when i disable it there's still a line in the picture. The picture from the other channel doesn't completely disappear. So i have to reboot the box to get a normal picture.