PDA

View Full Version : Analogue still in use?

Conaxthewarrior
03-04-12, 23:30
Hello all,
While on hols last week in the canary islands, I found eurosport from astra 19e on the hotel tv where the picture had "white sparks" interference and occational ghosting/colour run which reminded me of how bad reception was with the old analogue system (1990's). Thing is, I've not seen any analogue channels listed on 19e for years now...funny business I thought......
Then I was definitly sure this was in analogue when an info bar ran across the screen informing that the analogue signal for eurosport would be stopping at the end of april etc.
Question is then, why is'nt analogue channels listed eg on king of sat or lyngsat? I've rechecked before sending this and still can't find references to analogue signals....

Any ideas?

Ev0
03-04-12, 23:32
Not sure why there are no listings but iirc, all analouge transmissions for european sat tv finish this month.

Conaxthewarrior
04-04-12, 21:33
Thanks for the info EvO,
I've porberbly been rather lazy and should have looked analouge sat tv up on the net to find out.....anyhow, having just done this, I find that no less than 48 analouge channels are listed at 19e (including Eurosport at 11259 V) and 6 channels at 13 e, so they are there but not listed generally. Funny thing, apparently, the BBC still run an occational analouge terrestrial service over london and the north of the uk, yet the news was all terrestrial analouge transmissions were ceasing by sept 2005??
Also ITV still send analouge to meridian;London;Tyne Tees and UTV, these should dissapear sometime this year. Still, this news could be wrong (got it from wikipedia)