PDA

View Full Version : Channel List not loading on Uno

amar786
03-04-12, 20:46
Hi

Got a Uno from WoS. Already set up a Duo and ET6 in the past but having problems with the Uno channel list upload. I have Dreamset 2.36 and using the Catseye list which I have customised. I have been able to connect via dreamset upload the list and the box restarts but when I press the blue button the channel list does not appear. Done it many time but no luck. Really driving me crazy as it works on all the other boxes.

Many thanks

Donnie
03-04-12, 21:14
Have you set the password on the box via telnet and are all your IP settings OK ?
What happens when you carry out a network test on the box ?

amar786
03-04-12, 21:22
Yes, IP setting are ok as when you do the connection test it work fine and the lamedb file has gone across ok as well. Also cant find the install local extensions section under setting so that I can install IPK file

Larry-G
03-04-12, 21:39
To install ipk files.

blue button> ViX> install local extension.

as for the channel settings i know the box is new and likely has already had the newest FPGA upgrade file loaded but i'd try loading that just in case as this file actually flashes the chip that controls the tuner card.

amar786
03-04-12, 21:51
Strange I dont have the VIX menu. should be under System or Setup. I press the Blue button and it gives me the PIP options only. Its missing quite a few things the VIX image on my ET6000 has.

Thinking of flashing the VIX 2.3 for the Uno again? Do I need to worry about the bootloader like on the ET6?

Donnie
03-04-12, 21:54
No bootloader update to worry about with the Uno

Larry-G
03-04-12, 21:57
It looks like your image may have been corrupted somehow. and as said above you dont need to worry about the bootloader on the Uno yet as there is no newer version to flash. I would however try flashing the FPGA update just to be sure it's running the latest version which is currently 4.4

amar786
03-04-12, 22:05
Sorry mate what is FPGA update? And where would I find the file? Is there a how to guide on this? The auto scan works and channels are running ok.

Also the Image has 2.3.GM and 2.3.133. Im guessing its the 2.3.133 as that is the latest? Also the Folders are Vuplus > uno and then the files. Do I move the files into the main folder?

Many thanks

Larry-G
03-04-12, 22:15
As your re flashing the receiver i'd recommend flashing the Official Vu image first then go into plugins and flash the update from there as it will download it directly from the Vu servers. as for the latest ViX image that's 2.3.204 just copy the vuplus folder directly to the root of a usb stick ( formatted to FAT32 ) you dont need to mess with the folders or files in the vuplus folder.

you can get the latest official image here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16836-New-Image-(Version-7-0)-Released)-Uno&goto=newpost

amar786
03-04-12, 23:11
I have downloaded the VIX 2.3.204 and put tried to flash the box but it seems to be stuck in 'starting...' is it ok for me to restart the box?

Larry-G
03-04-12, 23:16
power down the receiver and wait a minute before powering back on, if this still shows starting after say 5 minutes re-flash it again. it will be fine.