PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Uno need help

carlinkas
02-04-12, 23:44
Hi guys i would a quick guide on setting up VU+ uno i mean how to add the line on it and how to set up the turner. the most important one i would like to know the best image to use at the moment

Larry-G
02-04-12, 23:53
It's pretty much the same to setup as any other E2 receiver.

however we would need to know your motor / dish settings as for installing a line, well if you know what a line is i assume you know what to do with it as we have rules on this site with regard to that kind of thing. now the image is a very individual thing i'm going to say try ViX as it genuinely works very well for me on my Uno but there are many out there for you to choose from.

Tyler
03-04-12, 11:29
You should go with the vix image mate, very stable and easy to use.
As for other issues look through tutorials.

carlinkas
04-04-12, 23:20
thanks guys i will try to download it now but im just stuck with ftp because i cant find the cfg file

carlinkas
04-04-12, 23:31
hey guys where can i get the link to download the vix images please?

judge
04-04-12, 23:34
thanks guys i will try to download it now but im just stuck with ftp because i cant find cfg

CCcam.cfg goes in /ect/
Presume you mean C Lines or something similar? cfg goes in as /ect/CCcam.cfg if using CCcam.

As far as adding non local card lines go, no more can or will be discussed here.

Larry-G
04-04-12, 23:37
you have to put your own cfg file into the etc folder. thats as far as we can help due to the site rules.

carlinkas
04-04-12, 23:37
What about VIX Image could you send me a link where i can download it please? because my box has the original software inside on info it says image experimental 2011-11-02

Larry-G
04-04-12, 23:40
ViX Uno images here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?233-VU-Uno-ViX-Team-images

The latest public version is 2.3-204

Mr. Mister
04-04-12, 23:58
@ carlinkas

you have a pm buddy..

Its my contact details.. and ill help you anyway i can..

carlinkas
05-04-12, 00:02
hi mate

ive downloaded the images but theres about 4 file inside of the folder i want to update using usb what should i do first? or which file should i install first?

Larry-G
05-04-12, 00:11
format a usb stick to FAT32 then unrar the USB image file, copy the folder vuplus directly to the usb stick, no need to mess with any files etc. power down the receiver via the rear power switch, place the stick into any of the usb ports on the receiver then power it on via the same power switch and follow the instructions on the VFD.