PDA

View Full Version : latest vix image+kernel

eattheliving
02-04-12, 20:57
Hi all, as the title says i am running the latest Kernel and vix image on my solo. My problem is that this image keeps locking up and is not very stable.

My question is: if i want to downgrade to an older more stable image do i have to do anything specila or would a factory re set then a fresh install work?

thanks all

Stanman
02-04-12, 21:02
no need for a factory reset, new flash is all you need to do - will need to back up your settings first.

Larry-G
02-04-12, 21:18
The Vu receivers bootloaders are all fully backwards compatible with all previous images regardless of their kernel version. simply flashing a new image is all that is required as this first erases the old image before flashing the new one to the receiver.

eattheliving
02-04-12, 21:20
no need for a factory reset, new flash is all you need to do - will need to back up your settings first.

thanks mate. Is that a backup done via Vucc?

Larry-G
02-04-12, 21:24
If you'r staying with the ViX image make a settings backup

blue button> ViX> backup manager. This will backup all your plugins, bouquets and configuration files etc. you can then use this backup and restore it once you reflash the image etc.

eattheliving
02-04-12, 22:02
If you'r staying with the ViX image make a settings backup

blue button> ViX> backup manager. This will backup all your plugins, bouquets and configuration files etc. you can then use this backup and restore it once you reflash the image etc.

thanks pheonix. will post my progress tomorrow.

eattheliving
06-04-12, 20:17
thanks pheonix. will post my progress tomorrow.

a little bit later than promised. Got the new image on and everything working well at the mo. thanks everyone for your help.

The only problem i encountered was when i tried to re load my back up data. it would not read past 11 of the 100 files. kept timing out?? i tried 2 different memory sticks. so in the end i gave up and re did everything.

no worries after that. happy days again :cool:

hitman11
13-04-12, 08:39
I've had the same issue with the latest Vix image and new kernel, so I've gone back to the previous image and haven't had a single issue since flashing it 3 weeks ago.

I know theres a new Vix image in the pipeline so hopefully that will resolve all the stability issues with the new kernel, appreciate all the efforts and development of the Vix team :thumbsup:

satboxuk
20-04-12, 05:49
Hi guys,

I started a thread about vix 2.3 build 204, can you advise what version you are finding stable pls

paul362
20-04-12, 08:09
This is the last version and is solid on my Duo with no problems. :::: 2.2.110

johndigital
01-05-12, 17:16
I have flashed with the above image and box is no longer responding to remote? any ideas?

Larry-G
01-05-12, 17:19
If it's a new receiver with the new universal remote control do this.

press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0001

johndigital
01-05-12, 17:31
phew! thank you.

Larry-G
01-05-12, 17:41
no worries.

Vu ship those remotes as default setup for code 0002 Uno / Ultimo. although you can set the box to work on any of the codes. for example here is my setup as all my receivers are in the same room.

Duo 0001 ( Default )
Ultimo 0002 ( Default )
Uno 0004 ( Changed code on receiver and remote control ).