PDA

View Full Version : Wait please connection in progress

Thomo?
15-08-10, 22:37
Ok using the latest BH image downloaded from this site.

I am having network connection issues according to the box but my network connection is fine!

Basically if i go the the plugins list it will get stuck and give me any of the follwoing errors:

Wait please connection is progress
connection establised

and it will just hang there with the prompt on screen and the little blue squares in the top left hand corner with the bottom right square moving left and right.

However i know my connection is fine as the TV is displaying the picture behind it fine and thats getting unscrambled over the net!!!!

So i have normal connectivity but the VU thinks otherwise.

The only way to clear the message is to reboot the box! The remote is not responsive during it.

It makes downloading anything nearly impossible!

sometime it has worked normally but 90% of the time i get these problems!

Any suggestions lads?

basilyoung
15-08-10, 22:42
thats sounds like the blackhole server is down..if you leave it for a while...you should get a message, saying failed connection, then you can exit out..and use the unit as normal

baz

paretous
15-08-10, 22:44
Hi, i had the same issue .. changed the DNS server settings to something more reliable (don't depend on the ones provided by your router or your ISP).. seems it gets stuck if the DNS server (1st one) is slow or not avilable..
i use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 ... these are the google free DNS servers.
hope this fixes it for you..
cheers,
P

basilyoung
15-08-10, 22:47
just downloaded a plugin here no problem

so this is a strange one..its either the image, (i am using dreamelite) or an unknown problem

baz

Thomo?
15-08-10, 22:49
@basil - well that same screenshot is still at the same stage some 10 minutes down the line! It should have timed out by now?
@paretous - i will try adding some direct dns server IP's. At the moment i only have my router as DNS.

Sicilian
15-08-10, 22:51
Out of interest thomo, what version of the DE image are you using? You using the latest 1.3.3f?

Thomo?
15-08-10, 22:56
yes from here - http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?915-Dream-Elite-Vu-Duo-BH-1.3.3F

I have just put the google DNS entries in and that got me straight through to the plugins list, i chose a plug in and now its stuck as attached!!!!!

Its established so how can it be frozen?

pooface
16-08-10, 09:28
Have you tried reflashing the box...

Maybe when it flashed, something went wrong, or it just didn't like it?!

Thomo?
16-08-10, 20:24
yes i reflashed after setting box back to factory defaults and still no different.

pooface
16-08-10, 20:37
Remove all connections, and re-seat them, ensuring that they are firmly connected?!

How about connecting via ftp?! Can you upload files via ftp ok? Try sending a large file (about 500mb). How long does it take to ftp?! Does it ftp ok?

Thomo?
20-08-10, 16:06
sorry pooface for not replying.

I was trying to watch it the other night and now i am having video/audio problems. During viewing the sound will drop out through my amp and the picture will inherit a purple and green fuzz around the images.

Its not my amp or the hdmi cable as i have swapped hdmi ports on the amp still does the same, swapped hdmi cable no different and poipped my sky box in the hdmi port on my amp the vu had probs in and get no issues.

To hell with Blackhole image i am changing if before i get really angry and just sell the box.

Sicilian
20-08-10, 16:10
Why dont you try latest OpenPLi? It might not have all the Blackhole eye candy, but it just works ;)

Thomo?
20-08-10, 16:25
think i will.

Question though:

My dish is now pointing at 1W setup to the BH image
If i reflash with PLI - i will have to input my long/lat settings again.

Is my dish going to get lost as its already on 1w and wont th epli image try and move it to what it thinks is 1W making me at approx 2W?

Sicilian
20-08-10, 16:29
It wont get lost, just re-input your long and latt settings during the start up wizard.

Thomo?
20-08-10, 16:45
where do i get latest image from please Sicilian?

This link says they are all unstable?

http://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo

Sicilian
20-08-10, 16:50
Use todays latest build: -

http://www.pli-images.org/modules/file_downloads/file_downloads.php?fd_id=1&dir=/vuduo&file=OpenPLi-unstable-vuduo-20100820_usb.zip

Thomo?
20-08-10, 16:54
thanks,

and these images can be updated over the net via the box?

Sicilian
20-08-10, 17:19
thanks,

and these images can be updated over the net via the box?

Yes > Blue button > Software update (off the top of my head, been a hard day)