PDA

View Full Version : Could this work to build an OpenPLi image for the Solo?

Sicilian
15-08-10, 20:18
Just managed to build an OpenPLi image for the Duo. Now this got me thinking. I'm wondering if I replaced the Duo drivers in the sources directory, but renamed them to match the Duo, then ran: -

make -f Makefile image

Would the resulting image work in the Solo as the drivers have been replaced? Obviously thats assuming that build actually finishes, what do you think, would this work?

Sicilian
16-08-10, 07:21
The image built with no errors containing the Solo drivers. However when flashed to the Solo it would not boot, so back to the drawing board :confused:

Any Dev's out there know what would need to be done to get the OpenPLi working on the Solo?

pooface
16-08-10, 09:22
My guess would be that there's probably some sort of calls or something in the pli image, that requires the duo drivers or something...

Sicilian
16-08-10, 13:32
Someone over at PLi forums just said to me to set the machine in Makefile to vusolo, didn't think of trying it. Anyway I just set the machine to vusolo and the build has actually started. We'll have to wait and see to what I actually end up with at the end of the build.

andyblac
20-08-10, 10:31
the solo image is built different, the image gets loaded into a different memory space, have a look at the build process in the recipies for the original vu plus make files, and see if you make the necessary changes in openpli make file

andy.

Sicilian
20-08-10, 13:12
I've started altering some files for the Solo build, but just got too busy this week.

I've got this far: -

http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=48&thread_id=14555