PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Getting a Nova-T usb stick to work (Vix 2.3 204)

g-man
31-03-12, 00:14
I picked up one of these recently and hoped to get it working on my et9000. I've installed the driver but am not seeing anything in the tuner configuration. When the driver was installed a total of 6 packages were setup.

Is there anything else that needs to be done for this to work?

Thanks

judge
31-03-12, 00:28
Can't really help with the box as I don't have one but I do use that stick on 3 VU boxes with VIX 2.0.4.
Have you done a reboot of the box since installing the drivers? That's all that was required here on the VU's.

g-man
31-03-12, 08:38
Yes, it was the first thing I did.

I installed the driver (kernel-module-dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2) from 'packet manager' but oddly, when I go back into that list (after it says installed successfully), the 'world' icon is still grey and not blue. Yet from a command shell, opkg says it's up to date.

I can't find it anywhere else to install.

Raitsa
31-03-12, 11:04
In OpenPLi image typing the following in Telnet & rebooting works:

opkg -force-depends install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700 kernel-module-dvb-usb-dib0700

Could be worth a try in your ViX.

g-man
31-03-12, 13:40
Thanks for that.

I've tried it and get two errors :

FATAL: Module dvb_usb_dib0700 not found.
FATAL: Module dvb_usb_dibusb_mc not found.

Unfortunately, it's also taken me back to a previous error shown on reboot (VFD Checker Traceback: <'class 'usb.core.USBError'>: No such file or directory). The only way I've found to clear this is to do a complete factory reset and reinstall, so one of those packages is causing this issue.

Still doesn't see it though, but no idea which file it can't find. :confused:

rimas
31-03-12, 14:16
Yes, it was the first thing I did.

I installed the driver (kernel-module-dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2) from 'packet manager' but oddly, when I go back into that list (after it says installed successfully), the 'world' icon is still grey and not blue. Yet from a command shell, opkg says it's up to date.

I can't find it anywhere else to install.
You are installing the wrong driver. Install dib0700 and reboot.

g-man
05-04-12, 18:03
You are installing the wrong driver. Install dib0700 and reboot.

Thanks for that. I removed the dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2 with ipkg and rebooted and it worked. :)

Strange though, I would never have thought of using dib0700 when nova-t seemed like the best fit.