PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Rytec EPG out by one hour after time change

CoolerMaster
30-03-12, 01:32
I am having problems with regards to the epg since the clocks went forward in UK and wondered if someone can help. Basically, when the clocks went forward the epg was wrong however this was sorted out by simply changing timezone to a different one then changing back to UK timezone, however my recordings are now starting an hour later than they actually should. I have tried deleting epg.dat so I can download a fresh epg again however the old epg is still there after deleting then restarting the receiver. Any ideas on how to sort the problem? I have seen mentioned somewhere about using telnet to clear the epg however there are no instructions given. I've never used telnet before, can someone please give clear instructions on how to do this. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

dfdream
30-03-12, 10:39
Firstly set the timezone to the correct timezone.

You cant just delete the epg.dat as its loaded to memory and will get loaded back to the epg.dat before it shuts down.
You need to telent to your receiver.
Type whats in bold only.
init 4 (the picture should freeze)
then delete the epg.dat (make sure you check where the epg.dat is configured to be stored. can be on HDD, USB or internal flash)
then type
init 3 (to reboot the box)

Once it reboots the epg should be blank. If yes download epg again.

If you use autotimers delete all the timers and run autotimer again to scan epg.
If you use timers only check if the timers are at correct time, if not delete and create them again.

The issue I think was an error in rytecs config for the BST but was sorted for Mondays download.

CoolerMaster
30-03-12, 11:22
Thanks mate, I actually just managed to telnet and delete epg successfully before reading your post. I did wonder why when I tried to telnet yesterday the receiver froze and restarted :lol3: now I know thanks to your explanation that init 4 and init 3 are commands to restart and stop enigma I assume? What you did not mention which I found in another forum was to type rm /media/usb/epg.dat (I have my epg stored on usb) I did not know that 'rm' was to remove things. Complete amateur at using telent. :confused: Thanks again

dfdream
30-03-12, 12:45
I use the rm command all the time but if you misspell or have the epg.dat for some reason in a differnet folder or drive you wont easily know where to find the file.
Where as using explorer you can search for it.

bally12345
31-03-12, 17:38
I had this problem on all my e2 stb I just deleted the epg.dat and manually downloaded again and setup auto timers again.

sumfeen
01-11-12, 00:41
This thread sorted my issues since winter time change at the weekend! Thanks guys

dfdream
01-11-12, 16:52
You shouldnt need to recreate your autotimers again.
I just deleted all timers in the timers screen and ran autotimer again and they all created again with the right times.

I had this problem on all my e2 stb I just deleted the epg.dat and manually downloaded again and setup auto timers again.

15-12-12, 21:53
I have had a similar problem I have just setup my new VU Duo today. Every channel time in the cool tv guide is correct but when you try to setup autotimer plugin to record the channel it display the info fine but 1 hour ahead for the start and finish every time.. Any ideas

Thanks

Tom

Rob van der Does
15-12-12, 22:12
I have had a similar problem I have just setup my new VU Duo today. Every channel time in the cool tv guide is correct but when you try to setup autotimer plugin to record the channel it display the info fine but 1 hour ahead for the start and finish every time.. Any ideas

You are using Cool on a ViX-image? The two are not compatible!
And for my curiosity: what is it you miss in the ViX-Graphical EPG that makes you choosing for Cool?

16-12-12, 14:53
Sorry I am not using VIX I am using Blackhole. Never tried Vix before as I am new to all this.

marty
16-12-12, 14:56
Sorry I am not using VIX I am using Blackhole. Never tried Vix before as I am new to all this.

You could do worse than try VIX, if you don't like it you can always go back to BH :thumbsup:
I tried loads of images on the DUO, always found VIX to be superior (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a BETA tester either)

BTW you did post in" ViX Team Images Support Discussion" so we assume you are using VIX ;)

Rob van der Does
16-12-12, 15:07
But you asked your question in the ViX-image support section :confused: