PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] No Sound in the Morning

psitech
29-03-12, 22:14
Slightly weird this one. I don't hibernate the VU+ overnight, I just turn the TV to standby. In the morning I turn on TV, the picture is there but no sound. I restart Enigma2 and the sound is OK. It is puzzling and slightly annoying. Any ideas?

judge
29-03-12, 23:09
This happens to me if the box crashes & reboots, sound on the channel reboots to has no sound for some reason.
Are you sure the box hasn't crashed while downloading too much EPG or anything like that?

psitech
30-03-12, 00:48
I have logs being saved on crashes, there was no crash log overnight. So that wasn't the cause for me. Thank you for your suggestion.

satmanbasil
30-03-12, 12:24
Hi mates

I get the same box is on 247 yet overnite far as i can see no reboots taken place and no epg updates yet i find the auto is missing and have to change channels to get it back, its nothing major but annoying all the same.

regards
satmanbasil

psitech
01-04-12, 17:18
Yesterday morning, I switched on TV and I had picture and sound. However just before 8am the sound went off and I restarted enigma2 to get it back. No crash log was produced. So it looks like it just happens. If it is random, I guess the morning is the first time one would notice it. May be the best thing is to put it to sleep at night. Will a recording happen while it is in this state?

Blu-ray
01-04-12, 18:35
Vu+Duo no sound in the morning just picture after turning off tv at night is there a fix for this or is it a buuuuug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slain
03-04-12, 07:58
+1 for this happening. Usually the box has crashed though, leaving no logs. I find out by checking the system uptime via SSH. Almost always happens at or around 5am when CrossEPG is set to do its run.

Got an Ultimo expected to arrive today anyway, so I doubt with the spec of that it'll be a problem for much longer.

discuit
13-04-12, 23:00
Happens for me as well.

sheraz2
14-04-12, 08:01
I was on dreamboxuk image and it never happened. Switched to black hole and this happened to me to. It was the built in epg that ran and not crossepg.