PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Updating Channel list/freq

bally12345
29-03-12, 09:49
I use a ready made channel list and use DBE to upload it to my VU+ DUO however I have noticed it does not update the freq changes. Perfect example is the same channel list was sent to my DUO, TM800 and TM-TWIN-OE after CH4HD freq had changed. Updates worked on th TM boxes but on my DUO and my friends DUO tune failed. So had to manually scan the freq.

Also the same applies after fresh flash, normally I just send the channel list over and hey presto no need to scan but for some reason on the DUO I have even after the channel list has been sent I still need to do a scan.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

DBE Settings:
Services and Bouquets files: /etc/enigma2/
User Bouquets files: /etc/enigma2/
Satelites.xml: /etc/tuxbox/

Larry-G
29-03-12, 14:03
have you re-started the duo once the settings have been sent over ?.

bally12345
29-03-12, 17:08
Yes done both restart enigma and restart but still same thing. This has always been the case from the day I owned a DUO but never really paid much attention to it.

bally12345
31-03-12, 17:36
Bump anyone able to confirm there is an issue with having to do scan even if you send channel list over?

Larry-G
31-03-12, 17:39
i have never had to do a rescan after sending a bouquet pack to the receiver. i just make sure to reboot enigma so the settings take hold and thats it.

grtmoby
31-03-12, 17:47
if you are sure your files are correctly transferred and from my experience, i had to always click on "restart enigma" from within DBE itself after transferring files.

bally12345
31-03-12, 17:52
I normally do restart enigma using remote instead of using DBE I will test again when new image comes out.

gedclarke
31-03-12, 18:01
This also happens to me, if I just upload the new channels list no channels work. As soon as I have scanned all channels then work perfectly. As I am new to this, I just thought you had to do this.:confused:

bally12345
01-04-12, 01:56
This also happens to me, if I just upload the new channels list no channels work. As soon as I have scanned all channels then work perfectly. As I am new to this, I just thought you had to do this.:confused:

Same as, I didnt really question it until I found out this isnt the case for other E2 STB, could this be looked into a little more as I know since day one of owning a DUO and only ever using ViX images I have always had to do a scan after sending channel list over and same for when freq changes.

CoolerMaster
01-04-12, 14:05
Well I have sent bouquets over to my Duo for about a year now, never had to restart the receiver, it always works perfectly. You need to have reload settings in enigma ticked in DBE & once the bouquets are sent over go to the bouquets on your Duo & press red button for 'All Channels' then go back into bouquets, this way the new updated bouquets always get kicked into the receiver, no restart or rescan required.

bally12345
01-04-12, 21:13
Well I have sent bouquets over to my Duo for about a year now, never had to restart the receiver, it always works perfectly. You need to have reload settings in enigma ticked in DBE & once the bouquets are sent over go to the bouquets on your Duo & press red button for 'All Channels' then go back into bouquets, this way the new updated bouquets always get kicked into the receiver, no restart or rescan required.

I have done all of the above for over a year and all I know when I send channel list with fresh flash channels are greyed out until I have done a scan and when lists are updated with freqs changes I still have to manually scan. Not isolated to my box as it does the same on my mates box.

Both using ViX 2.3 and latest version of DBE to transfer list.

Larry-G
01-04-12, 21:24
which bouquets are you using as it sounds like there is a error with the bouquet it self.

judge
01-04-12, 22:51
I also never have to restart after sending fresh bouquets over.
Pressing the up/down circle arrows doesn't work, but pressing the TV button does.
Once you use the TV button once after updating the bouquets, the circle up/down arrows work as expected & show the new/updated bouquets.

bally12345
02-04-12, 17:11
which bouquets are you using as it sounds like there is a error with the bouquet it self.

I use Rats Bouquets, would you be able to test to see if the problem can be reproduced.

Or tell me what files I need to delete to remove all channel lists and scanned channels so I can try another list and see if it happens again.

Larry-G
02-04-12, 17:21
I'm at work now and don't have access to a receiver, I my self use the SGTFlipFlop bouquets

bally12345
02-04-12, 17:27
I will try SGTFlipFlop but just need to know what to deleting using FTP so I can test

Larry-G
02-04-12, 17:35
You dont have to delete any thing just send the bouquets using a channel editor. If using DBE make sure you click the reload button after sending the bouquets or use dreamset as this sends the telnet commands to stop and restart enigma which is a cleaner method to use.

bally12345
02-04-12, 17:50
How do I delete the scanned sats though so theres nothing there, once I do that then I can send the channel list over and see if it works without scanning.

EDIT
Removed everything now... So will try again and see what happens.

Larry-G
02-04-12, 18:05
The process of sending a bouquet pack to the receiver using a channel editor program as I described above removes the old settings so their is no need to delete any thing your self.

bally12345
02-04-12, 18:15
I wanted to remove all the scanned satelites, done now using the remote so everything is clear and I can test it. The problem I am having is not with the channel list itself, the issue I have is when I send over the channel list on a freshly flashed duo I still have to scan sats.

EDIT
I think the problem was down to Auto Reload Settings E2, I sent both list over and pressed Restart Enigma 2 button and seems to work. Wont know properly unless I reflash or wait for new image.

Larry-G
02-04-12, 18:20
If you only send bouquets for one location for example 28.2 east you will need to scan all other locations as the satellites.xml file that comes with the bouquets will only contain details for the transponders on 28.2 east. If you want a multi sat channel lineup you will need to make one your self or use a premade set for example the vhannibal or catseye settings.

Del Boy
17-04-12, 10:10
I can confirm I have had exactly the same problems. Downloaded Silverfox0786's bouquet as current beginning of April. It was not until doing a scan (Which has also bought down a load of other stuff I didnt want) that the channels started to work through the system. Brillian piece of kit though and much appreciation to the VIX team. I will be donating when I have a decent day down the market with Rodney (end of the month):cool:

Del Boy
23-04-12, 22:11
Could someone explain how i edit channels and compile my own versions of what silverfox and sgtflipflop do with channels and bouquets?

I exported from dbe to excel and had a look but dont understand what im looking at or where it is originally generated. How does sgtflipflop compile the channel info? Can anyone help me understand more?

Stanman
23-04-12, 22:20
The indvidual bouquets are complied from the list in the left hand window in DBE.

Afaik you cannot use excel.

To update channels you would need to do a system scan to update the ALL list and than pull the list from the box and use DBE to compile the favourites

khan888
23-04-12, 23:58
Why don't you install Rats Bouquets Auto Updater Plugin, one click of a button and it updates all your channels!

Huevos
24-04-12, 15:31
I can confirm I have had exactly the same problems. Downloaded Silverfox0786's bouquet as current beginning of April. It was not until doing a scan...Nothing to do with a scan. If you come out of that channel list properly and then go back in all the greyed out channels will be gone. The reason this happens is because the channel list doesn't update while it is the active list.

So rather than doing a rescan, flick to a different bouquet (or channel list) and select a channel. Now when you go back to the original list all the greyed out channels will be gone.