PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Black Hole Manage Extensions

landerson07
29-03-12, 09:13
Hi all, got a bit fed up of so many crashes with the latest Vix so have decided to give Black Hole a bash.

Working well so far, zero crashes and very smooth.

I've mapped all the remote buttons, set up a swap file, got Cool TV and picons working but the only thing I can't figure out is Autotimer :(

I've found it in the manage extensions list, but it won't let me install it or indeed anything else?? It took a few attempts to refresh the list but now it has there is no option to install anything??

Am I doing something wrong or does it maybe only work at certain times of the day? or is there somewhere I can download and install manually??

One thing this has taught me is that Vix make it so easy and user friendly

Cheers
Lee

PS: bit more reading and there should be a press green to install but there isn't :(

landerson07
29-03-12, 10:40
Sorted, installed TSPanel and grabbed it from there.

Very happy so far with BH

landerson07
29-03-12, 15:29
Well been messing all day and not a single crash.

If anyone is interested and thinking of making the change this is pretty much everything I did:

1. Installed the latest BH image and ran through the wizard
2. Installed cccam (I found the version I used with vix didn't work so had to get the specific BH one)
3. Copied over channel bouquets
4. Installed multi quickbutton from the BH green panel addons menu and set it up how I wanted, i.e. colour buttons, channel buttons etc
5. Installed Cool TV from the BH green panels addons menu and set the epg button using multi quickbutton
6. Mounted my USB drive and set EPG, swap file and picons to work from it
7. Installed permanent timeshift from the BH green panels addons menu
8. Installed TSPanel and installed autotimer from the vix section (manage extensions wasn't working at the time but is now so could easily grab from there)

Erm think thats about it?? So essentially I've used BH but made it as much like vix as I could lol but without the crashes. I tried all the suggestions to make vix work but no joy.

Anyway, hope this helps someone

Cheers
Lee

Sandman
29-03-12, 15:38
So essentially I've used BH but made it as much like vix as I could lol but without the crashes. I tried all the suggestions to make vix work but no joy.

What card(s) do you have out of interest? I moved to VIX from BlackHole because I was having problems for 9 months with cams stalling...

I've recently upgraded to OSCam 65xx and haven't had a crash since...

Whether its the image, the cam or something like the ECM add-on for BH messing around with the FPU, i don't know...everyones experience is different but its not necessarily an image issue as many VIX users have solid boxes and many BH users have solid boxes ;)

JimboM
30-03-12, 13:51
Thanks for the guide Lee, think I'm going to give this a go as well as had a few crashes with Vix2.3

Can you just explain what the swap file does and why it needs to go onto the USB (will a 4GB USB be big enaough ?)

Cheers

Jim

landerson07
31-03-12, 01:43
Thanks for the guide Lee, think I'm going to give this a go as well as had a few crashes with Vix2.3

Can you just explain what the swap file does and why it needs to go onto the USB (will a 4GB USB be big enaough ?)

Cheers

Jim

I'm by no way the best person to give a technical explanation! I just do lots of reading and see what works! My understanding of a swap file is that it is like virtual memory on a PC! An area allocated on your media device to allow certain processes to load quicker etc or extra on top of the normal memory! I chose the USB because although my hd is on constant timeshift I thought it best to put as little stress on it as I could? ? Mine is set at 256mb! Is it needed? Who knows but I still have not had a single crash!
4gb will be plenty!
I was considering selling my box but will now be keeping it :)

Lee

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

hex_inc
04-04-12, 22:10
Where did you get the BH specific cccam? I tried to change over but got pissed off with not being able to find it

basilyoung
04-04-12, 22:45
Where did you get the BH specific cccam? I tried to change over but got pissed off with not being able to find it

he used TS Panel, which then allows the downloads you need

landerson07
05-04-12, 01:20
Also in the sticky section of the BH download section and easily found on google, but tspanel is the font of all things plugin etc!

Lee

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

hex_inc
12-04-12, 06:29
ok lads. nice one. will give it a go at some point as vix is really starting to p1ss me off with its random crashing