PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new Ultimo tonight..

Mr. Mister
28-03-12, 23:16
Hi guys..

I just got my new Ultimo tonight..

I had to swap one of my Duo`s and one of my Solo`s to get it from a friend of a friend.. ( Who did not like the Ultimo at all.. He thought it was a waste of money ) .. What a fool.. lol

Had it up and running in 10 minutes.. with Vix 2.3 on it.. As he had that blackhole crap on it.. ( Sorry.. Not my cup of tea at all.. )

1st impressions are fantastic.. And seems to be alot more stable than the Duo or Solo Vix images..

I always had small niggley problems with the Vix 2.3.204 on the Duo`s and Solo`s.. Like softcams not starting after rebooting.. They had to be manually done after each reboot.. Even when i had edited the relevent text in my mg_cfg files..

Im delighted that this is not the case with the Ultimo.. Everything has been perfect so far.. Ultimo has been rebooted at least a dozen time.. and softcam starts 1st time everytime by itself.. ( No manual start needed.. )

Just one small thing i have noticed.. Im using the Vu+ wireless dongle.. ( Great piece of kit.. ) works flawlessly.. and so easy to set up.. But when i went to insert my usb stick for picons and EPG.. The screen started to go black for 5 seconds.. and then picture would come back again for 5 seconds and then black again.. and so on..

I used the HP USB Disk Storage formatting tool to do a format of the USB pen and this seems to have cured the problem for now anyway..

So as you can see.. im am totally delighted with the Ultimo.. and will defo be replacing my Duo`s over the coming months.. ( I know i had a moan about the price a few months back.. But i honestly am so pleasently surprised how good this machine actually is.. I wish i had purchased it months ago.. )

Now.. All i need is the 3rd tuner.. And 4 more Vu+ wireless dongles.. So gonna have to pay Stefan a wee visit on WOS site to order more bits..

Wife will be impressed.. lol

I will give you more updates as i have a play with this fantastic piece of kit..

Larry-G
28-03-12, 23:33
congrats on getting a Ultimo mate, it really is the best receiver in the business if you ask me and it totally shames the DM8000 in so many areas, not least that fact that it's about half the price of the DM8000 and has a lot more support too.

iv'e got all my receivers hardwired through a 24 port network switch so never had the need or inclination to use the wifi stick.

Mr. Mister
28-03-12, 23:47
Are you sure you have enough ports there Pheonix.. ?? lmao

What in Gods name are ye gonna do with all them.. ??? lmao

Agree totally.. Defo the best on the market.. Totally outshines the DM8000..

Had one of those as well.. and its was a night mare..

Mr. Mister
28-03-12, 23:53
ohhh.. And forgot to mention the remote..

I had heard and red about the qwerty keyboard on the back of the remote.. But this is so cool..

Totally hats off to Vu for coming up with this idea..

I mean.. Its perfect for mytube searches..

If like most of us now.. You use iphone or android.. The touch screen thing on these phones can really mess you up when trying to type anything using the number buttons on the normal Vu remote..

so this qwerty keyboard on the back.. is defo the dogs dangley bits.. lmao

Larry-G
28-03-12, 23:55
lol well lest see.

1x Vu Uno
1x Vu Duo
1x Vu ultimo
1x official sky HD box
1x DM600
1x Nintendo wii
2x xbox 360
1x 500 GB NAS drive.
2x TM600 ( currently not in use )
1x DM7020 ( currently not in use ).

thats all i can remember but there's no doubt something i have missed.

as for the official Vu ultimo remote. i used mine once and put it back in the box lol i prefer to use a Harmony 650.

Mr. Mister
28-03-12, 23:58
I know i have said this before.. But 90+ quid for a remote is a bit ott.. lmao

Larry-G
29-03-12, 00:02
i totally agree with you there mate the only reason i got mine was that harmony were doing a blemished box offer so i think i paid about 27 quid for my 650 delivered and about 6 weeks later i got the 600 for about 21 quid delivered. Incidentally the ones i received certainly had no blemished boxes they were brand new in mint condition.

Mr. Mister
29-03-12, 00:39
Any chance of a PM please to tell me where you got them at that money.. ??.. lmao

Ev0
29-03-12, 00:59
Glad your happy with the Ultimo, it really is the best on the market at the moment imo.

As for the remote, if you can use it, you must have girly hands :D

Mine went back in the box after a week, I ordered a universal (Uno) remote from WOS as I felt that although the stock Ultimo remote is a great idea, it's just not practical for real men :D

Mr. Mister
29-03-12, 01:18
Lmao.. errr.. emmm.. Ill bet ye a tenner that my hands are bigger than yours... lmao..

In all honesty.. Yeah.. its alot smaller than the duo remote.. But i really like.. lol

Larry-G
29-03-12, 07:45
Any chance of a PM please to tell me where you got them at that money.. ??.. lmao

just keep a eye on this site for any offers that come up.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/special-offers/blemished-box

theres a harmony 700 there for half the usual price.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/349/9806