PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] DVB S2 USB is this supported in ViX ?

lscolman
28-03-12, 15:12
Hi,

Im aware there is support for the Terrestrial USB tuners, but wondered if there is support for a S2 USB tuner.

Anyone aware of any support or should I just get the ultimo ?

Cheers, Lee

Stanman
28-03-12, 15:59
Yes, vix works with the Sundek SKY Ultimate green LED version, currently using one here on a ET9K.:thumbsup:

Sundek are brining out a new version, which the sponsor will be stocking, so might be worth hanging on for it.

silverfox0786
28-03-12, 18:16
got 2 myself and runs ok in ViX just a pain to setup but once done all sorted

lscolman
28-03-12, 20:21
Hi both,

Is this the one?
http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks-oxid/Sundtek-SkyTV-Ultimate-DVB-S/S2.html

How can I tell if it's the green LED one?

How difficult are these to configure and are there any threads on here that could assist?

Also, how imminent is the new version. I'm keen to get one soon, as I really need 3 tuners, as I pretty much constantly stream one of my tuners to a popcorn hour.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

silverfox0786
28-03-12, 23:09
if you buy new then it will be green LED the blue led is not manufatured anymore

only when buying second hand do you need to be sure its not a blue led

Stanman
29-03-12, 13:26
I can't speak for other images as I only run VIX and its as simple as you are going to get. The drivers for the Sundek control centre are in the feed and once downloaded and installed, you need to go into it to activate the tuner and might need to reboot twice for it to be recognised after that never had an issue. Zap times are slower than built in tuner but that's to be expected.