PDA

View Full Version : Is 8gb enough for timeshift?

gedclarke
27-03-12, 23:25
Hello, I am thinking of using my 8gb stick for timeshift recording and was wondering if it will be large enough (its only used for epg & picons at the moment). Also, how do I enter the recording location (I have found where but can't seem to change it from hdd/timeshift. Cheers and thanks in advance.

punisher
27-03-12, 23:30
could be but will need to be a good performing usb for timeshift as it has to buffer data on it

judge
27-03-12, 23:52
I'd say not, especially if watching HD channels.

punisher
28-03-12, 09:48
Ive used a patriot extreme usb 16gb n 8gb n timehift works ok. But ive only used it to pause for like 5 minz or suma so not much but only way to know is to try it and see how it works for ya

Sandman
28-03-12, 10:21
Hello, I am thinking of using my 8gb stick for timeshift recording and was wondering if it will be large enough (its only used for epg & picons at the moment). Also, how do I enter the recording location (I have found where but can't seem to change it from hdd/timeshift. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Like other say, try it but I doubt it!

I've used the best Sandisk sticks and they can't handle time shift...you need a top end card with high transfer rate or it will stutter, break up and generally be unwatchable!!

gedclarke
28-03-12, 16:47
Thanks for all your replys, I think i will leave it on the hard drive. I thought it may be better on a flash drive (quicker to start) but did not account for read/write speeds etc, cheers anyway :thumbsup: