PDA

View Full Version : Channel numbers

JimboM
27-03-12, 22:53
Guys

When viewing the EPG or flicking through the channels is there anyway to get the channel number to display ? At the moment I'm running a Duo with Vix 2.3, CrossEPG and Catseye's motorised settings but all that ever shows is the channel name. It would be much quicker sometimes to simply input a channel number than find it in the EPG but at the moment I've no ida of whats on what.

Thanks

Jim

judge
27-03-12, 23:55
Not sure what you mean, but channel numbers work perfectly.
If using the remote up/down circle arrows, you should see the correct channel numbers for your bouquet.

JimboM
28-03-12, 22:48
Hi

Thanks for the heads up on the up/down arrows didn't realise that you could change channel that way ! It does help but what I was really after was to get the channel number to appear in the info bar, been doing a bit more searching and think this may only be possible with a change of skin ? Does anyone know of a skin that works with Vix 2.3 that does this ?

Cheers

Jim

Stanman
29-03-12, 13:28
If your on fixed dish than try SIlverfoxed bouquet, that will show the channel numbers before the channel name.

Personally I remove the channel numbering as just like to have name.

StuBFrost
20-04-12, 11:54
I have exactly the same issue. I want to see the channel number on both the EPG and the infobar (like Sky shows).

Is there a skin that will do this as the default Vix one doesn't ?

Rob van der Does
20-04-12, 14:25
Just out of interest: why do you want to see/use channelnumbers?
I always de-activate numbers, as I never use them.......

hedleyg
20-04-12, 15:34
With the VTI image, I use the channel numbers to use the quickzap feature - quite often faster than paging forward.
The other nice feature is that, if you have pressed the 'TV' button to display the channel list,
you can then use the numeric/alpha keys (once for numeric, twice for first alpha, etc..) to position yourself in the channel list.

StuBFrost
20-04-12, 15:49
Just out of interest: why do you want to see/use channelnumbers?
I always de-activate numbers, as I never use them.......

I use them so I can just type the channel number in but also when using Silverfox's bouquet, he uses dummy channels so that the channel numbers match Sky. When there are a block of dummy channels, I don't know where I am up to when I press channel up/down or viewing in the EPG.

Rob van der Does
20-04-12, 15:56
With the VTI image, I use the channel numbers to use the quickzap feature - quite often faster than paging forward.
The other nice feature is that, if you have pressed the 'TV' button to display the channel list,
you can then use the numeric/alpha keys (once for numeric, twice for first alpha, etc..) to position yourself in the channel list.
You can anyway, whether the numbers are being displayed or not.
For the channellist there's a usersetting for (de)activating the numbers.
Magic-HD does display the number in the infobar; as far as I know no skin allows for channelnumbers in the multi-EPG