PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] EPG 1 hour out after change to BST

Joe90
27-03-12, 20:00
Aftter change to best on Sunday the peg display is 1 hour out (on et9xoo vix 2.3)

Have tried deleting all peg data file and reloading, changing time to transponder and also gmt+1. Even gone as far as to do a clean flash. No luck. Have seen someone else similar but no sure fix yet

XRD
27-03-12, 22:41
I have the same problem mate, did the same thing reflashed and all to no avail (thought I had 2 epgs clashing initially). If anyone has any info to help it would be great.

judge
27-03-12, 23:57
The box should take the time from the transponder.
Have you rebooted after using a local channel as the last channel viewed?

The Lambton Worm
28-03-12, 00:10
I'm getting the same problem too. Reflashed, deleted epg.dat, rebooted, downloaded new epg but all to no avail. Its completely cocked up my recordings too.

The Lambton Worm
28-03-12, 09:29
Right, I've managed to get mine sorted. I had to reflash and re-install all of my settings from scratch. Using settings/image from a back-up didn't work. I also used the image from 28/01/12 which can be downloaded here. (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13651-ViX-Team-ET9x00-Image-v2-3-Image-Release-s)

dfdream
28-03-12, 11:39
All,
Were ye just deleting the epg.dat or using this in telnet.

init 4
Delete epg.dat file in explorer
init 3

If you just delete the file then its reloaded from memory.
To ensure all is ok you should have no epg when you reboot.
Then re download epg.

Joe90
28-03-12, 13:03
All,
Were ye just deleting the epg.dat or using this in telnet.

init 4
Delete epg.dat file in explorer
init 3

If you just delete the file then its reloaded from memory.
To ensure all is ok you should have no epg when you reboot.
Then re download epg.

I will try this "init 4" and "3", as yes tried deleting in explorer and had local stations ie, BBC1. Dont want to use transponder as given have 2 feeds of different dishes, my favourite bouquet has channels across different sats and there tp's

I think you are giving god advice on the "init" front as i have seen that elsewhere and wondered what it did (Unix is not my specialty). I had already re-flashed, so assume it does not wipe all data as would have expected that to work.

kingy29
28-03-12, 13:43
I had the same problem did the usual things all to no avail. Just checked it and everything is fine perhaps it was a server fault.

Joe90
28-03-12, 21:39
Okay so it worked!!!.... using init 4 & 3, with deleting no only epg.dat but ALL crossepg .db files, then doing a download of the providers, force epg.dat, and then reload epg. Not sure if all this needed but did it and it worked so dont really care :p

CoolerMaster
30-03-12, 10:45
I'm having the same issues with the recordings all starting to record 1 hour later than they should. Using rytec epg. Can someone explain how to use telnet please I've never used it, want the epg clearing on my Vu+ Duo. Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
30-03-12, 11:29
you can either use putty or the default telnet client in windows if you are using windows 7 have a look at this tutorial.

How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

copex
30-03-12, 18:28
my epg sorted its self out on the Monday, checking the guide and it was showing every thing at the right time, deleted all of the timers, then went in to the auto timers edited one save as exited out now every thing is fine.

alba1978
30-03-12, 20:03
i had the same issue and after installing an extension the box asked for a GUI restart which i did and lost all the epg data.Downloaded it again and it has been fine since.