PDA

View Full Version : New Uno set up...and scan took almost three hours for just TWO birds!(?)

danishdude
27-03-12, 19:54
Hola satellitos-compadres :)

As some of you may now, my 16 month 'old' Duo Duoed...ehh...died recently.
Ordered a Uno instead...<boink> received and ready to play with yesterday.
I was recommended to try the latest VTi - i flashed that, and away i went. I thought.
The scan for 0.8W and 4.8E, two sats on a fixed dish w. DiSEQc A/B, took almost three hours! :eek:

What did i do wrong? :baby:

Larry-G
27-03-12, 20:04
update the FPGA and make sure you are using a upto date satellites.xml file.

danishdude
27-03-12, 20:07
Ofcourse. Did that as the first thing.

danishdude
27-03-12, 21:38
Came to think of....Network Scan!
In VIX the option was presented directly together with the other options for the scan you were about to make.
Not so in VTI. So maybe that option is ON per default?

danishdude
28-03-12, 21:12
Re-did the scan today with an edited satellites.xml/channel-list - took 10 minutes. :whistle:(without touching any other settings)
Apparently network-scan is only available in Blind Scan - so that shouldn't have made a mess of my first scan. But if i dont remove all the unnecessary birds in the xml before i scan, it takes three days & a BBQ for me to scan the two selected sat's.
Learning something new everyday, i guess.

Now off to get smarter on picons in VTI. Still looking for pointers on that one (read: searching like a mad-man) :D

snakie
29-03-12, 06:47
Hi,
Could you tell me please how your vu duo died.I'm very interested in your dead vu duo.

danishdude
29-03-12, 09:56
Hi,
Could you tell me please how your vu duo died.I'm very interested in your dead vu duo.http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16515-VU-stuck-at-Starting