PDA

View Full Version : Pictures stuttering!

gardener
27-03-12, 18:20
Hi all, I managed to get my VU duo fully set up (with my premium subscription sky card, which is a genuine subscription:)) but I seem to be getting some stuttering sometimes while watching channels. Also at first I couldn't get a few of my subscription channels like the plus one hour versions e.g gold +1 untill I did a rescan on the tuner. However alot of my channels are 65% to 75% signal which doesn't seem that great so do you think maybe I need to re-align my dish (it's a static one and has been up for years)
what do you think?

Larry-G
27-03-12, 18:28
before getting up a ladder i would personally remove and re-fit the f-plugs that connect to the duo's tuners then check the entire run of coax all the way from the receiver to the dish for any signs of wear etc. only once i was happy with those would i consider looking at the dish's alignment.

wazza_2
27-03-12, 19:19
how old is your lnb ! maybe its not good enough to be used for hd

gardener
27-03-12, 20:52
how old is your lnb ! maybe its not good enough to be used for hd

It's possible but to be fair I was having issues with channels that are not hd so I'm not so sure. I am going to check the connectors and cable tommorrow to see if everything looks alright and see where I go from there. Also can I just say thanks for everyone's help here, I would never have made it this far without all your help and I really appreciate it. I'm just really happy I got the box set up at this point:)

Spoof
29-03-12, 20:10
It's possible but to be fair I was having issues with channels that are not hd so I'm not so sure. I am going to check the connectors and cable tommorrow to see if everything looks alright and see where I go from there. Also can I just say thanks for everyone's help here, I would never have made it this far without all your help and I really appreciate it. I'm just really happy I got the box set up at this point:)

Try changing video to 720p.

Huevos
04-04-12, 09:21
alot of my channels are 65% to 75% signal which doesn't seem that great65% SNR is more than sufficient for error free reception.

how old is your lnb ! maybe its not good enough to be used for hdAll the HD signals on 28E are QPSK so they are just as easy to receive as their SD counterparts.
Try changing video to 720p.That's got nothing to do with reception.

Gardener, is it just encrypted channels you are having trouble with or fta ones as well?

dfdream
04-04-12, 14:07
Gardener the first thing is to elaborate on what you mean by stuttering.
Is it quivering, pixelating, freezing or what.
Would it be possible to get a screenshot.