PDA

View Full Version : Problem with hard drive - 'Tune Failed'

gedclarke
27-03-12, 13:40
Hello, wondering if anyone can help with this, I've got a 500gb hard drive installed, initialized fine and no problems. However pressed pause last night and screen went black and got 'Tune Failed' message. Satellite signal was fine 99% on both and 0 on other. This happened even after re flash with vix and original images (signal showing fine, but no channels found in scan). Decided to unplug internal drive and hey presto it works again, all channels found. I have plugged the hard drive back in and all is working at the moment, but was wonderering what caused it.......only thing I can think of is maybe the hard drive standby setting (this was set to 5mins, so hard drive was in standby when I pressed pause). Any help would be great and thanks in advance as always.:confused:

gedclarke
28-03-12, 16:44
Looks like I have sorted it, the lead that supplys power to the main board was not on straight. Only noticed when the box showed 'tune failed' again, this time with the hard drive unplugged. You would think the whole box would not have worked, must have had a slight connection and when I've messed with the drive I've knocked it someway making it work for a bit. Anyway sorted now :smiley_yup: