PDA

View Full Version : Recording Timer Not Starting On Time :(

mrmad1966
25-03-12, 12:13
OK weird one this, on latest VIX, Can anyone think of a reason why this happens ?
Lately if I have seen a program I would like to record lets say when I have gone to bed I select the red record button on the remote control (rather than use the green 'add timer' key) and lets use last night as an example it started 7 minutes later than the scheduled start time in the EPG ?

Wife rather pissed ! was typically one of her programs.... This has now happened a couple of times ??
Thanks

Stanman
25-03-12, 13:56
Red button is the single EPG or instant record, you cant use it to add a timer unless you have remapped the buttons?

Am confused, can you post step by step what is your doing.

punisher
25-03-12, 14:16
Use the green button to add timer see if that sorts it. But its most likely and epg issue as the timingsfor the half the shows were all over the place last nite even i saw that lol

mrmad1966
25-03-12, 18:20
Red button is the single EPG or instant record, you cant use it to add a timer unless you have remapped the buttons?

Am confused, can you post step by step what is your doing.

Stanman, when in the epg I saw a show i needed to record it was due to start at 2300, i then highlighted the said show using the remote control then used the red dot (bottom row on rc second from left, next to the tv button)which then turned the highlighted entry red indicating to me it would record, but frustratingly it started recording at 2307 so I missed a decent protion of the show but have no idea why..

Huevos
04-04-12, 09:32
Red button is the single EPG or instant record, you cant use it to add a timer unless you have remapped the buttons?If you are in EPG and you highlight a show (for example tomorrow) and then you press the record button (not the red button) that adds a timer (without bringing up the timer screen).

The only thing I can think of is the show had already started, or was out of sync (started early). Or the receiver clock was incorrectly set for some reason.