PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer scan ???

can7
25-03-12, 11:23
hi im running the latest vix 2.3 its all up to date but i have a problem thats just started i cant manually or auto tune on any tuner to find new channels if i select auto the box crashed and restarts if i choose manual to change a feq of a channel it doesnt find the new feq.both tuners are working fine.anyone have any ideas ? thanks.

Larry-G
25-03-12, 11:24
if you have the crash logs upload them or send them directly from the receiver using the logs manager feature so we can take a look and hopefully see whats wrong.

Talks
25-03-12, 11:25
hello can7
have you tried reloading your channels list and rebooted this could well fix the problem.
regards Talks.

can7
25-03-12, 11:30
if you have the crash logs upload them or send them directly from the receiver using the logs manager feature so we can take a look and hopefully see whats wrong.

ive looked in /home/root/logs/ but i dont seem to have any logs ?

Larry-G
25-03-12, 11:35
try looking via the inbuilt logs manager on the box it self.

can7
25-03-12, 12:29
hello can7
have you tried reloading your channels list and rebooted this could well fix the problem.
regards Talks.

thanks i think that did the trick scanning on 28 is working fine but still have problems on 13e

Talks
25-03-12, 12:50
thanks i think that did the trick scanning on 28 is working fine but still have problems on 13eOk can7,, This means your sat xml file is corrupted for some reson i at this point would reload the venables sat settings or which ever you use then reboot,, Now after reboot you then send new sat settings as a update to your channels lists on the pc use the option update files to dream edit as a update to the list you have saved in dream edit,, then once all the settings are updated save them. Once all this is done you then send the new saved channels from pc to the box,, This should solve the 13 east and any others you have as sats.
regards Talks.

can7
25-03-12, 18:21
Ok can7,, This means your sat xml file is corrupted for some reson i at this point would reload the venables sat settings or which ever you use then reboot,, Now after reboot you then send new sat settings as a update to your channels lists on the pc use the option update files to dream edit as a update to the list you have saved in dream edit,, then once all the settings are updated save them. Once all this is done you then send the new saved channels from pc to the box,, This should solve the 13 east and any others you have as sats.
regards Talks.

thanks Talk i think that solved my problem i can now scan on 13e alltho the channel im looking for wont scan but does on my friends box.