PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Over The Net Problem ???

shadowman007
24-03-12, 18:13
Ok I can access the Openwebif away from home and get my Bouquets but when I click on a channel to play it does not play with Windows media player and I get the box below (please see picture below)
It does not play with VLC player also however I can play all my "Recorded" stuff from the VU+Duo player by going to the Stream section and in Movies. Currently I have Vix Image 2.3, Also Internet provider Virgin and getting 100mb Download and 10mb Upload speeds.

Error Message am getting when playing a channel:

shadowman007
24-03-12, 18:17
Sorry forgot to mention I can view the channels at home no problem from my PC since it's on the same network. But for this I have to put in my VU+duo ip address but when away from home it's my Internet ip address to access my box.

shadowman007
28-03-12, 23:30
UPDATE:

Ok guys found out what was the problem when your on the OpenWebif page you need to click on the channel NAME first and you should get in the top blue banner saying "zap to: (what ever channel you selected) and then click on the "TV" icon and the stream should start. Before I was clicking on the TV icon only and was getting notthing just the windows media player message.

BRAVEHEART
29-03-12, 04:15
shadow, maybe you should write a dummies guide to streaming over the net please mate as I have never yet won the battle with this despite trying over and over and reading the available guides on here, if you cant then I understand, no probs mate, just thought I would ask.

P.s
I use firefox and vlc for viewing the stream on my network at home but never been able to get it going on my other properties computers. (also all computers are hardwired and 100Mb download and 10Mb upload just like yours and will soon be faster when the upgrades take place)

shadowman007
29-03-12, 07:36
shadow, maybe you should write a dummies guide to streaming over the net please mate as I have never yet won the battle with this despite trying over and over and reading the available guides on here, if you cant then I understand, no probs mate, just thought I would ask.

P.s
I use firefox and vlc for viewing the stream on my network at home but never been able to get it going on my other properties computers. (also all computers are hardwired and 100Mb download and 10Mb upload just like yours and will soon be faster when the upgrades take place)

Hi the first thing i want to ask you is can you get the web interface ? in other words OpenWebif ?
I also understand and correct me if am wrong you can't stream away from home am i right?
Also I no this might sound stupid you do have a ethernet cable going from your Virgin Hub to your VU+Duo Box?

I'll wait for your answers for the above questions and then give you a step by step guide what to do.

BRAVEHEART
29-03-12, 21:14
Hi the first thing i want to ask you is can you get the web interface ? in other words OpenWebif ?
I also understand and correct me if am wrong you can't stream away from home am i right?
Also I no this might sound stupid you do have a ethernet cable going from your Virgin Hub to your VU+Duo Box?

I'll wait for your answers for the above questions and then give you a step by step guide what to do.

Thanks.

Yes I can get the openwed interface and also stream to computer in my own house.
Yes your right, I cant seem to figure out how to stream to a remote computer, I.E - in another property.
yes the vu duo is hardwired with ethernet cable to the router in the house here and also hardwired to the computer in the house here too. ( ethernet from router to vu duo and ethernet from same router to the computer in this house)
:)

BRAVEHEART
30-03-12, 23:22
:confused:

judge
31-03-12, 00:12
so, does the OpenWebIf web interface work remotely for you?

BRAVEHEART
31-03-12, 04:39
so, does the OpenWebIf web interface work remotely for you?

No, cause as I mentioned earlier I have never been able to get it to go, what we really need is a dummies guide to do it from scratch as I suggested to shadowman, I got sick of trying in the end to get it to work, I know in the other tutorial thats already on the site that some people say they can get it working, but likewise some people have said they have problems, me included. :confused:

punisher
31-03-12, 12:43
tutorial here, been here for ages, just do a search, info is out there

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others&p=125233#post125233

75mak
07-04-12, 01:35
I had the same problem, but the tutorial i used did not mention forwarding the streaming port 8001 or is it 8080?? anyway, when i did forward that port along with the webinterface port. I was ableto stream. I even managed to stream onto my ipad from the remote address