PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM 800 HD Reception issues

salan2010
24-03-12, 16:29
Hello to all you wonderful folks,

I recently purchased a Technomate TM 800 HD without the motorised unit and the system was set up by an incompetent chap who basically left it to me to figure out. After establishing the satellite position for Sky the system tuned itself. Regrettably the kids have done something to the system as now although I have most channels on the system indicating 60% or above I cannot receive them including BBC and all Sky channels. I cannot figure out how to flash the system if that is the problem or maybe the dish is slightly out of tune as the direction on the satellite positioner for my area is not exactly how the dish appears. Would anyone be so kind as to give me a heads up in rectifying my problem. Ant assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone in advance. Regards Salan2010 :p

Stanman
24-03-12, 21:21
If you go into the services area and positioner, you can fine tune the sat position and this will either increase or reduce the signal quality and will indicate if the motor is misaligned.

salan2010
25-03-12, 00:43
If you go into the services area and positioner, you can fine tune the sat position and this will either increase or reduce the signal quality and will indicate if the motor is misaligned.

Thank you for your kind reply, I am sorry to say however that unfortunately I do not have a motorized unit. It is static and has been positioned originally to pick up BSKYB on the Eurobird-Astra Satellite. It was fine until my kids did something to the system while I was absent and it has not been the same since. Should I physically move the dish slightly in line with the position indicated by the dish positioner or is something else at fault? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you once again for your reply and guidance.:)

Stanman
25-03-12, 14:06
Thank you for your kind reply, I am sorry to say however that unfortunately I do not have a motorized unit. It is static and has been positioned originally to pick up BSKYB on the Eurobird-Astra Satellite. It was fine until my kids did something to the system while I was absent and it has not been the same since. Should I physically move the dish slightly in line with the position indicated by the dish positioner or is something else at fault? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you once again for your reply and guidance.:)

Sorry your orginal post was unclear and as you mentioned a motor I thought you had fitted this yourself.

I would not start with the dish unless you have had strong winds lately as the issue is likely to be software. 60% or above you should be getting a picture.

If I was you download and transfer to the box the silverfox Engima2 HD channel list in my signature and than do a retest of the problem channels.