PDA

View Full Version : Orton x403p

Mr. Mister
22-03-12, 20:52
2 month old Orton X403P

Not alot i can tell you about it.. Its been laying in my house for the past 2 months as just bought it to have a play with it..

The only thing i did was get it going with the X4 firmware.. and then put it back in the box..

All you will have to do is add your own hsdata.cfg file.. and away your go..

This box is very similar to them Openbox S10

Comes with original box and remote..

Looking for £45.00.. A bargain for a HD receiver..

Free postage to UK or Rep of Ireland

silverfox0786
22-03-12, 20:59
damn if only i didnt need anymore boxes

i may have a mate that might be interested if you dont sell it by sunday i will see him then and ask him

Mr. Mister
22-03-12, 23:16
No probs Silv buddy..

ams3521
23-03-12, 00:04
I'll have it MM as I'm after a box for the bedroom.

I presume were talking Paypal, if so plse PM me your details.

Cheers.

ams3521
23-03-12, 00:22
I'm also presuming this box works with cccam like the S10?

Mr. Mister
23-03-12, 11:37
Hi buddy..

You just add your line to the hsdata.cfg file.. and load it via usb stick..

I can email you the hsdata.cfg so all you will have to do is add your line to it and away you go..

Yes buddy.. Paypal gift please..

PM now sent..

STB will be mailed as soon as payment is received..

Thanks

ams3521
23-03-12, 15:34
Cheers m8, just paid using Paypal.
I look forward to recieving the box and I would appreciate it if you could send me the hsdata.cfg file.

Thanks.

Mr. Mister
25-03-12, 18:38
Hi buddy..
PM me your email addy.. and i will email you the file..

Box will be mailed tomorrow morning ( monday ) so you will have it on tuesday..

cheers

ams3521
30-03-12, 08:48
Cheers it arrived yesterday, I had a play about with it last night and have noticed the only audio channel that works on HD is NAR, any ideas?
looking at Google it seems a common fault with some of these boxes but I cannot find a solution.

Mr. Mister
30-03-12, 11:00
Sorry buddy.. I dont.. I did not even know that there was a problem with the orton stb.. And did not even notice..

I just put it back in the box as soon as i got a picture on it.. As it was just gonna be a spare stb..

Ill have a look around the net later today to see what i can find.. and report back..

silverfox0786
30-03-12, 15:47
NAR can be changed in audio menu to either MPEG or AC3

its not a fault most recdeivers set them selves as default to NAR, dunno why

ams3521
30-03-12, 23:46
I know that SF but when I select anything other than NAR there is no audio whatsoever, this only happens on HD channels, i've done some rsearch into it and it looks like a hardware problem.

I take your word for it MM that you knew nothing about it and it's not a big problem as my brothers after a box and he doesn't have HD so I'll pass it onto him as it's still a cheap price.

Cheers.

Mr. Mister
31-03-12, 01:42
Hi Alan..

I aint had much time to look..

But did pull up a few sites that all say the same thing..

I think it depends in the firmware your using.. Im not sure if i have the same firmware installed.. ??

I dont think it can be anything that major..???

Are all firmware the same.. ??

I did see a youtube video with HD channels working..

I will see if i can find it again.. and post link..

Cheers

ams3521
02-04-12, 14:53
As\I said it's not a big problem MM, i did try a few different firmwares and managed to find one that gave me NAR on the sports HD channels which is fine as even though it is NAR it doesn't give me an annoying audio description, before that most of the firmwares including the one it came installed with gave me no option of NAR on the sports channels only Dolby which didn't give me any audio. As it is now it's fine.
It's been one of those weeks tell the truth as now the motor on my dish has packed in, I've just stripped it all down and it's buggered so getting that replaced is my main concern now.

Cheers.

Larry-G
02-04-12, 16:20
Don't forget to leave I trader feedback guys.

eblaster101
15-04-12, 22:53
this must be due to the box having no capiblity of downmixing the AC3. I think if the box has an optical option and you have a suitable amp you will get sound.