PDA

View Full Version : Advice - TM500 Super or TM600

dfdream
14-08-10, 12:15
All,

Im looking at an SD box for the bed room.

Which do you think is better TM500 Super or TM600.

The basic requirement is that with cccam and epg only installed that its stable to stay on indefinitely with out reboots or freezes.

Is there a technical difference on the hardware on these. (other than USB support)

Also are they up to the same rev in UR image support.

Any advice appreciated.

D

Sicilian
14-08-10, 12:18
They both use the same revision of UR image.

bassethound
14-08-10, 12:59
Got a TM500 Super seams better than the old tm500/600 a lot faster thanks to the extra memory also has a extra scart socket also a its lot smaller than the old boxes looks just like the new tm800 hd and has the same remote, zapping channels is nearly as fast as my VU+ Duo.

They run the same UR image as the old boxes so have the same problems as the tm500/600.

Would recommend the TM500 Super.

dfdream
31-08-10, 13:43
Question.

I know there is no usb or builtin drive for the TM500 super but as it uses the same image as the TM600 is it possible to record from TM500 Super to network drive or to the movie folder on my VU.

Also is it easy to setup the TM500 super to see the movie folder on my VU to playback non HD recordings on it.

D

bogster
07-09-10, 15:55
Question.

I know there is no usb or builtin drive for the TM500 super but as it uses the same image as the TM600 is it possible to record from TM500 Super to network drive or to the movie folder on my VU.

Also is it easy to setup the TM500 super to see the movie folder on my VU to playback non HD recordings on it.

D

Would like to know this myself.
Someone on another forum is trying to add a USB header to it, to turn it in to a PVR.