PDA

View Full Version : Red screen sometimes ?

Dell_XPS
20-03-12, 17:56
After putting Vu Duo into standby over night, pressing the on button in the morning the picture has a tint of red, a reboot and it's ok, any ideas ?
Thinking dodgy HDMI lead ?

Larry-G
20-03-12, 18:01
Hmm thats certainly a new one on me, and not any thing i have encountered my self.

Dell_XPS
20-03-12, 18:17
Could also be the TV it's connected to ?, try a different HDMI lead first.

Larry-G
20-03-12, 18:20
I know there were reports about a year ago about some users seeing a slight pinkish tint to some screens but i cant remember what the cause or solution was and have not seen any reports of this for a very long time.

Maxwell
20-03-12, 18:35
I know there were reports about a year ago about some users seeing a slight pinkish tint to some screens but i cant remember what the cause or solution was and have not seen any reports of this for a very long time.

That was using Component leads and needed the scart setting to be changed in the image. As to the OP your 99.9% correct in thinking of the HDMI lead as the cause as I have seen similar with other pieces of Home Cinema kit due to HDMI plug not inserted properly or defective connector or lead

Dell_XPS
20-03-12, 18:37
Its a brand new sly HDMI lead you get with there HD box I used on the Vu, will try the original one I got with my Vu :-)

punisher
20-03-12, 21:02
maybe try different HDMI port on ur TV too

silverfox0786
20-03-12, 21:53
it defo sounds like a HDMI issue to me

i seen it on a Xtrend but with a blank Green screen

this is where the pins get nudged a bit and disconnect slightly

the RGB is what gives

so looks like yr pins are not processing the GB part and only the R

Red Green Blue

Dell_XPS
20-03-12, 22:47
lead changed for another, will check it out in the morning :-)
Cheers all.

canthackit
21-03-12, 07:30
sorry to have to tell you this.

i had almost the exact same problem with a Pioneer LX5090 it transpired to be the Pio was faulty unrepairable, it went back twice to the repairers.

i hope for your sake it wont be the case for you.

regards: canthackit

Dapperdan
21-03-12, 08:13
I`ve had the same problem, the colours look like they have a red tint, also with mine the box will not respond to the remote or buttons. I normally reboot by switching off at the mains,this clears the problem. Does not happen all the time about 2 times a week.no crash log as the box had not crashed programme still working. Only started on the latest image?.

Dell_XPS
21-03-12, 17:54
Changed HDMI cable, seems to of done the trick :-)