PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Cannot mount network share

kicker86
20-03-12, 15:45
Hello

I have just gone from VTI to VIX image and im really pleased with this image. The only thing I cant get right is mounting a network share.
On the computer the settings havent changed from what I used perfectly with VTI.

My settings:
Active: yes
Sharename: some name
Mount type: CIFS
Server IP: 10.0.0.10
Server share: f$
HDD replace: no
Mount option: rw
USername: xxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxx

Should I use fstab og enigma way of mounting?

What is wrong? When I press submit it is just hanging on the message that tells me to wait for it to be done. Have to restart box to get back control.

micscave
21-03-12, 01:22
Read post 4 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15512-change-vuduo-network-name

hope this helps
micscave

kicker86
21-03-12, 07:18
Yeah, I have tried that. Still the same. Just hanging on finnish. And I have checked that the shares opens fine from another computet.

Maxwell
21-03-12, 08:36
I use fstab.

When you say its hanging on finish how long have you waited as it can take a long time to activate if the share contains a lot of files, this is because it is reading the relevant files for inclusion into the media player library.

As an update to the link miscave pointed out the full tutorial is here.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share&p=116401#post116401

kicker86
21-03-12, 12:34
Okey, the share has 2 TB with files, so maybe thats the reason. I waited for 20 minutes. I'll try again with an empty share.

kicker86
21-03-12, 14:05
By the way, is it possible to mount without scanning all the files? With the VTI image it took only a few seconds to mount.

kicker86
21-03-12, 18:40
It still isnt working. Tried with an empty share. Hanging on "Please wait for your activation of the mount".

Bat
29-03-12, 21:59
Hi,
Have you carried out an online update yet? I've found after installing the image you need to do the online update to get network mount to work...
Cheers,
Gavin :)