PDA

View Full Version : Question On USB Picons & EPG?

shadowman007
20-03-12, 13:23
Hi I wanted to no what folder do I need to make on my 4GB USB stick to have my picons on thier?
Also I want my EPG on my USB stick also what folder do I have to make?
I understand the USB stick has to be formatted to Fat32 ?

Stanman
20-03-12, 13:25
Which image are you using? If VIX than just extract the picons from the rar file and put the folder PICON onto to the root of the USB.

Make sure you have mounted it as USB via blue button>VIX and mount manager - for the EPG go into the EPG menu and change the file location to USB and box will do the rest. You will need to chose provider(s)

shadowman007
20-03-12, 13:32
Which image are you using? If VIX than just extract the picons from the rar file and put the folder PICON onto to the root of the USB.

Make sure you have mounted it as USB via blue button>VIX and mount manager - for the EPG go into the EPG menu and change the file location to USB and box will do the rest. You will need to chose provider(s)

Thanks for that yes am using VIX image. Do I make a folder called Picons on the USB stick? Also what EPG provider would you say is good?

Stanman
20-03-12, 13:34
LOL, need info on the sat(s) your on mate before I can recommend a provider for the EPG. Its only 28.2E than opentv but there are two options - chose the 28.2E and not 28.4E.

All you need is a folder called picon and just drag and drop them in there but as I said all the ones hosted on this site come already in the right folder. you may need to restart the box for the image to see the picons.

shadowman007
20-03-12, 13:43
LOL, need info on the sat(s) your on mate before I can recommend a provider for the EPG. Its only 28.2E than opentv but there are two options - chose the 28.2E and not 28.4E.

All you need is a folder called picon and just drag and drop them in there but as I said all the ones hosted on this site come already in the right folder. you may need to restart the box for the image to see the picons.

Yes sorry it's 28.2E Fixed. You also mentioned mounting is that the USB stick? Am sorry I am really new to all this.

Stanman
20-03-12, 16:13
yes you need to mount the USB by pressing blue button>VIX>mount manager. You may find its already mounted as USB but if not click < or > to change it to USB and save