PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering recordings

kicker86
19-03-12, 22:30
Hello.

I got some problems with my recordings. Not all, but 1 of 5 have this problem. The show seems to record to the finnish, but it does not record all the show. When I watch it I get stuttering and missing parts. The recordings that have this problem is also only half the size of a full recording.

Im running VTI 4.1 and using and WD 160GB Sata disk.

Another problem is that some times when changing channel, I get SID not found in PAT. This I only get a couple of times a week.

What can couse this?

Larry-G
19-03-12, 22:45
SID not found in pat refers to a channel that is not currently broadcasting on that frequency. for example a channel that only broadcasts between 22:00 and 06:00 will show this message at all other times of the day when you click on it. It is also displayed when a channel has changed frequency which happens quite often as providers are continually moving things around. you can perform a rescan on that satellite to find the new frequency or if you know the new frequency you can just scan that one and go from there.

as for the stuttering recordings that could be a number of issues, I would first try loading the newest hardware drivers to the receiver, if the image you use has not included them already.

kicker86
20-03-12, 07:43
The SID not found is coming on channels that is normally working. To fix it I can just switch to another channel, and back again and the problem is fixed. Something is not right.

As for the recordings, the newest drivers are installed. What else can I look for?