PDA

View Full Version : Random crashes with spinning logo

Moo
19-03-12, 20:28
Hi,

I was hoping someone could throw some advice my way, I've flashed my genuine vu+ solo with the latest VIX image and I'm having problems where the receiver hangs and won't recover with the VIX logo spinning slowly at the top corner.

I've flashed a few times hoping to narrow down the cause because I had initially put it down to using a portable external HDD, but it still happens without so that's ruled out.

Currently it has a wireless dongle and a 1gb usb stick attached. CrossEPG and picons are on the dongle, cccam is installed but not in use, this is happening on FTA channels and appears to be unrelated to softcams. It happened watching a match on itv the other day, I was able to leave it for about an hour on the same channel and the box recovered but then reverted to the spinning logo unresponsiveness again. I can't telnet in to restart, so only a power off will fix it.

The only other problem I've noticed is that when the TV is turned off with the remote, the receiver isn't, it's like hdmi cec is responding to the tv power off by producing the equivalent of hitting the menu button on the receiver. Once I exit the menu button the receiver will go to standby, so every day I turn the tv on for the first time the receiver is on, menu is up, I hit exit and it goes into standby. Not a major problem just annoying.

I would appreciate it if someone can help me troubleshoot the major problem where the receiver will become unresponsive needing a power off, it occurs at least once daily. I don't have any crashlogs to help out, I've turned them on so hopefully next time I'll have something to go by. If anyone else has any ideas in the meantime I'd be glad to hear them, thanks :thumbsup:

punisher
19-03-12, 20:58
i know this might be a longshot but try hard wiring it to the net rather than wireless and try another usb stick to what your currently using. Also what channel listings are u using, maybe try some different ones. I have a Solo thats on latest bootloader and image, with usb stick attached for picons and epg and I've never experienced those problems

eattheliving
19-03-12, 21:22
i know this might be a longshot but try hard wiring it to the net rather than wireless and try another usb stick to what your currently using. Also what channel listings are u using, maybe try some different ones. I have a Solo thats on latest bootloader and image, with usb stick attached for picons and epg and I've never experienced those problems

I have on a couple of occasions. i put it down to the box trying to download the latest files for crossepg on the timer. Switched the auto download off and up to yet it has been ok.

punisher
19-03-12, 21:45
aah ok, awsome. least you getting somewhere with it :D let us know if it fix's the issues permanent :D

Moo
19-03-12, 22:19
Thanks for the replies, I have disabled crossepg update. I might get myself a wireless bridge then or homeplugs to try out. I've tried various channel lists so I don't think that could be it. :confused:

I'll try the suggestions and hope for a crashlog if any badness occurs

cactikid
19-03-12, 22:51
do you by any chance have 2 epg selected to download as that put my spinning logo on.

Moo
19-03-12, 23:38
do you by any chance have 2 epg selected to download as that put my spinning logo on.

Thanks for the reply. Not that I'm aware of, I haven't changed anything from the standard image except select Uk OpenTV astra2 28.2 as the provider.