PDA

View Full Version : Best way to setup tuners for motorised / fixed combo

JimboM
19-03-12, 13:53
Guys

Only had my Duo for a few days so am still at the learning/bewildered stage !

I want to set it up with my motorised dish on one feed and the fixed Sky dish on the other but not sure if there is a 'correct' way to to do this. My thinking is that the fixed dish should be on tuner 1, as 28.2 will be the most viewed and the motorised on tuner 2 ??

Also I was hoping to use a ready made settings file eg Catseyes 75 to 58, will this work with my setup or will it need tweaking

Cheers

Jim

digi247
19-03-12, 14:37
Generally its Motorised on Tuner A with Fixed 28.2° on Tuner B, does not really matter to be honest as when you load a channel list if you switch to say a channel on 19.2° then the Duo will choose which ever tuner is set to motorised and the same goes for 28.2°.

JimboM
19-03-12, 14:47
Thanks digi247, can I just confirm that if the motorised dish was on tuner A and pointing at 19.2 and I switched to a channel on 28.2 then the Duo will automatically use tuner B ie it wouldn't try to swing the dish

Just want to make things as easy as poss for the wife !!

digi247
19-03-12, 14:49
Thanks digi247, can I just confirm that if the motorised dish was on tuner A and pointing at 19.2 and I switched to a channel on 28.2 then the Duo will automatically use tuner B ie it wouldn't try to swing the dish

Just want to make things as easy as poss for the wife !!

Thats correct its instant switching, The only waiting time you would ever have is if you watch and record something on 28.8° as you would have to wait for the Motorised dish to swing round from its last position.

Huevos
19-03-12, 18:39

Just want to make things as easy as poss for the wife !!Get yourself a twin or quad LNB for 28E and link from your motorised dish into your 28E dish. So on tuner A you have 28E, and tuner B you have the motorised dish for all satellites except 28E and the fixed dish for 28E. That way you will have fast switching to 28E on both tuners.