PDA

View Full Version : all kinds of problems after installing vix 2.3

hiohaa
18-03-12, 14:09
(running latest build).

problems i have:

1. scenario: box is in sleep/standby mode (whatever its called, when its just showing the date and a dim led display when you press the power button on the remote)

i press the power button on the remote. it doesn't switch on. Nothing. hard drive doesn't spin up, nothing, its as if its stuck in standby. I have to physically turn the switch off and on at the back of the box.

2. when it gets stuck in standby mode, the box is inaccessible from webbrowser. it also doesn't update the epg as scheduled.

3. to get to the cool EPG i use, which i downloaded through a plugin, i have to press Blue button and no.5. If i press the epg button, it takes me to the old standard vix style epg. how do i set it to go to coolepg when i press epg on the remote?

4. the 'stuck in standby' mode seems to be random, sometimes i'll come back to the box after a few hours, and it'll switch on and everythings fine. other times, like this morning, i go to it and it wont switch on.

5. problem with the cams:
i used to have cccam 2.1 installed. it worked perfectly (yes im a fully paid up subscriber with all the relevant packages). after installing vix 2.3, and rescanning for the 2 new HD channels (f1 + mtv), it found the channels but wouldn't decrypt/show them.

i tried the latest cccam, 2.3. Same result. (my config file just had 2 lines, boxkey and the voltage thing).

so then i tried oscam, oscam.1.00.5953_1.0_mipsel.ipk. installed it. Worked straight away, didn't set or change any settings.
however sometimes when i come back to the box, after say, a day, the channels that need decrypting dont work. I have to restart Oscam, and then they work.
why?

This is a real problem, for example i recorded something, went to view it a day later, and it just recorded a black screen!

Please can someone guide me through these 5 issues (i guess issue 1,2,4 and possibly 5 are linked maybe?), so i can enjoy watching tv again.......i never had any problems with previous versions of vix.

thanks.

my vuduo is connected via hdmi to an AV receiver.