PDA

View Full Version : Problems since ViX-2.3.204, help please ?

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 05:57
Yes its me again I am sorry to say, lol.

But since installing ViX-2.3.204 there seems to have been a few problems I have noticed that defo didnt happen when I used the old image, so I have no Idea if its image related or settings not being correct on ViX-2.3.204, I dont know, not arguing the point, only stating the problems today I have not been able to sort where as before this everything worked fine.

Ok,

1. normally I was always able to watch my vu+duo on my other hardwired networked computer in the house and now I cant.

Its was always a simply case of having VLC player and firefox installed and then I simply typed in the box ip into the firefox address bar and then the normal vu console page thing would pop up automatically using VLC and I could then choose what channel I wanted to watch etc etc etc, simple as that.

Now it just wont happen, I try and do what I have said above and it wont connect to the box at all, just says something like the page you requested cannot be shown etc.

So I double checked with dreambox control centre that it was all connecting properly and it is, and the ip for the box is the same as the one it shows in DCC too, so that cant be the problem.

I could be well wrong, but is it a problem with the default settings in the ViX-2.3.204 image that need me to adjust them ?

p.s, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox and vlc and the plugin too and it didnt help.

Is this a problem that I can fix ?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

2. Ok, moving to the tv and the box now (not the networked pc/monitor) I recorded a programme onto the hard drive in the vu duo last night and then tried to watch it, I couldnt see or find the option that I am almost 99.9% sure was always there for "media player" using the tv and the box remote control, wheres it went ? (the media player option I mean*).

After searching for a while using the box remote control I found the recorded file and was able to watch it, but it was an awfull long way round from having the simple media player option that used to be there with older image.

Is there a fix for this ?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

3. Once I started to watch the programme I recorded earlier (that I eventually found), it would be perfect for maybe a while and then start to get very very very stuttery and jerky and then sometimes just freeze completely, only fix I could find at the time was to go back to the start of the recording and play from start and skip forward to where I left off and then it was good again for another while and then after that same issue again, in the end I just ended up deleting the programme and didnt bother with all the hassle.

Is this normal ? is there a fix ?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

4. Other thing I defo have noticed sometimes, I say "sometimes" as its not all the time, is that when changing from one channel in a bouquet to another channel in another bouquet is (using the remote control), is that the channel takes ages to change, maybe approx 10 seconds etc, even while the channel is waiting to change the VIX logo appears up on the left top corner of the screen until the channel eventually changes, and theres a noise from the box, as I am very familiar with hard drives etc It actually sounds like for a second as if the hard drive is trying to work when it shouldnt be, but I could be wrong, it could be another noise, sounds a bit like what I said though to me.

Is this common problems, is there a fix for this ?
__________________________________________________ _____________________

5. last but not least, can someone please tell here rather than starting yet another thread.

If I was to do a channel scan and select the option to "yes" clear all before I done a fresh scan, would that also remove all my channels I have already in my customised bouquets or does it just clear them from the "ALL" channel list, I didnt want to attempt this until I found out for sure.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

I hope some of you guys still have the patience to try and help with these questions, one of you did post in one of my other threads that I should give as much detail as possible, so I have hopefully done that here :)

Thanks if you can help :)

Sicilian
18-03-12, 06:24
1) Use IP address of receive using port :8080 at end, build 204 now uses openwebif.
2) Media player has been removed due to its lack of functionality, use recordings button to the right of Menu button on remote.
3) Said this many times on the forum already. Its best to re-inititialize your HDD latest image. Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialize (you will loose all your data).
4) Are you using picons? If so where are they stored?
5) No.

Larry-G
18-03-12, 06:35
1. This is down to the old now copyrighted dreambox web interface being removed from the image completely and replaced by the OpenWeb interface which uses a different port to the older one. you can manually change this via the OpenWeb interface settings in the plugin menu to 00080 that should do the trick.

2. The old and now no longer updated or maintained default dreambox Media player as above has been removed from the image. you can access the default ViX / Pli media player via the list button next to the menu button.

3. Install the latest hardware drivers for the receiver dated 28.2.2012 this should resolve your problem.

4. do you have picons installed on the HDD as this could account for the HDD waking on channel changes and the time lag for zapping.

5. yes it is perfectly safe to select the clear all option when doing a scan in fact it's the recommended procedure when doing a full satellite rescan, and it will not affect your preset bouquets.

LOL sic beat me to it while i was making a cuppa.

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 06:49
1) Use IP address of receive using port :8080 at end, build 204 now uses openwebif.
2) Media player has been removed due to its lack of functionality, use recordings button to the right of Menu button on remote.
3) Said this many times on the forum already. Its best to re-inititialize your HDD latest image. Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialize (you will loose all your data).
4) Are you using picons? If so where are they stored?
5) No.

ok thanks,

1. I tried entering in my box ip address like (example 192.168.X.X.8080) but it still didnt work mate, is there any chance you can explain more exactly how I get this to work on my hardwired pc like it was with old image, I do and dont understand what your saying, just cant work out exactly what you mean if you get me ?
All I need to know is if I used to enter in (example) 192.168.x.x into firefox then it would work fine, all I need to know is what It is now I have to enter in instead please ?

2. ok fair enough, I knew something had changed, thanks for confirming.

3. I undestand you fully on this and I did re-inititialize the hard drive, I will keep an eye on it next time recording (which isnt often).

4. Yes I am using picons, I will be honest, I cant remember where they are stored as I just done it using the tv/box and remote control and downloaded the picons for 28E. (how would I be able to tell where I did store them, can you tell me ? and what difference does this make I was just wondering ?).

5. You answered "NO" to my question 5, just to double check that we are thinking the same things here, I have lots of my own customised bouqets with working channels in them etc, so are you saying that it is fine if I want to select the "YES" to clear all saved channels before doing another scan and it wont bother my channels in my bouquets at all, they will all remain there and working etc, its will only be the list in the "ALL" channel list that is cleared, is that correct ?
As you can understand it would be great if it works the way we are saying as that saves a lot of hassle and also gets rid of all those repeated ALL channels in the ALL channel list that I dont even need.

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to learn by the way although it may not seem that way, lol.

edit :
pheonix, i can see you replied too while I did the same, lol, I shall try what you guys suggest for 4 of those 5 questions.

question 1 again though >>

1. I tried entering in my box ip address like (example 192.168.X.X.8080) but it still didnt work mate, is there any chance you can explain more exactly how I get this to work on my hardwired pc like it was with old image, I do and dont understand what your saying, just cant work out exactly what you mean if you get me ?
All I need to know is if I used to enter in (example) 192.168.x.x into firefox then it would work fine, all I need to know is what It is now I have to enter in instead please ?

(apart from the picons part too, I have stated what and how I got them though, so maybe that will be able to tell you where they are saved, I cant remember, is there a simple way of looking on the tv to tell where they are saved ? I did download them that way, just cant remember if I stored them in the hard drive or onboard memory though, its something I need to find out as its defo a problem for me).

stick50jr
18-03-12, 12:14
ok thanks,

1. I tried entering in my box ip address like (example 192.168.X.X.8080) but it still didnt work mate

Maybe you didn't read very well --- 'IP:8080' would be what people suggested. I'm amazed how big your posts are but your attention to detail and experimentation seems much less than the size of the posts. Sorry, I guess I'm not a very patient person.

wullboy
18-03-12, 12:43
struth.....an aussie with no patience....pmsl

Larry-G
18-03-12, 14:02
ok thanks,

edit :
pheonix, i can see you replied too while I did the same, lol, I shall try what you guys suggest for 4 of those 5 questions.

question 1 again though >>

(apart from the picons part too, I have stated what and how I got them though, so maybe that will be able to tell you where they are saved, I cant remember, is there a simple way of looking on the tv to tell where they are saved ? I did download them that way, just cant remember if I stored them in the hard drive or onboard memory though, its something I need to find out as its defo a problem for me).

as pointed out by stick50jr the correct format for the ip and port would be 192.168.x.x:8080 ( see the highlighted part in red )

as for the picons To be honest i cant recall any way of checking where they are saved just by going through the image.

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 16:33
Maybe you didn't read very well --- 'IP:8080' would be what people suggested. I'm amazed how big your posts are but your attention to detail and experimentation seems much less than the size of the posts. Sorry, I guess I'm not a very patient person.

sorry mate, but I was personally asked in future (I.E - NOW) to put as much detail in my posts as possible from a very respected member of the forum, so I can only go by what superior members suggest, know what I mean ?

Anyway, I tried the 192.168.X.X.8080 in the firefox browser address bar just like the way it always worked before this nonsense with the 8080 thing and it still doesnt work, I did say that If you took more time to read my terribly long detailed post that I was instructed to do with superior member of the forum, so what do I do, go back to writing one line or just not posting nothing, cause it looks like I cant win either way :(

All I know is this still isnt working, why change the thing anyway when it worked perfectly well and now its not working at all, well not for me as I have stated constantly.

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL '192.168.x.x.8080'. Check the log for details. (the x's are numbers obviously)

thats me entering in the details as i always done in the firefox address bar, thats what happens with or without the 8080 part by the way.

Maxwell
18-03-12, 16:44
Anyway, I tried the 192.168.X.X.8080 in the firefox browser address bar just like the way it always worked before this nonsense with the 8080 thing and it still doesnt work, I did say that If you took more time to read my terribly long detailed post that I was instructed to do with superior member of the forum, so what do I do, go back to writing one line or just not posting nothing, cause it looks like I cant win either way :(

All I know is this still isnt working, why change the thing anyway when it worked perfectly well and now its not working at all, well not for me as I have stated constantly.

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL '192.168.0.3.8080'. Check the log for details.

thats me entering in the details as i always done in the firefox address bar, thats what happens with or without the 8080 part by the way.

Do you know the difference between a full stop and a colon ? put your ip address then COLON (not full stop) 8080

punisher
18-03-12, 16:45
Just go to menu/plugins/open webif. Change the http port from 08080 to 00080, then save it. Then i ur browser on ur pc type 192.168.x.x and that should get u bak in. Your typing the above address wrong thats why its not working. The http port was changed from the default 80 to 08080. Hence why people are telling u to start typing it like 192.168.x.x:08080

Larry-G
18-03-12, 16:46
I did state why the change was necessary in post number 3. the author of old dreambox web-interface has now made it illegal for any box but a original dreambox using a original DMM image to use his plugin, so we can not lawfully use it. The new OpenWeb interface is a project by Pli, BH and a few other teams and uses a completely new port to the older one. we had and have no control over this so if you wish to complain to them then by all means do so.

also as i pointed out in the very post above yours between the ip and port number you need to use the : symbol as follows 192.168.x.x:8080. I dont mean to offend but your just as guilty as those your accusing of not reading posts through properly.

As i also stated in post 3 you can manually change the port the OpenWeb interface uses your self by going into the settings and changing it but you seem to have ignored that part of my reply.

stick50jr
18-03-12, 16:48
No point in being detailed if the detail is not accurate... I see you still haven't picked up on the point ( IP:8080).
Makes people believe that it is all too hard trying to help you. If you took a little time to check the advice you receive then you wouldn't have to post so much and you might achieve more with less angst. I'd better get out of your space.

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 16:53
I did state why the change was necessary in post number 3. the author of old dreambox web-interface has now made it illegal for any box but a original dreambox using a original DMM image to use his plugin, so we can not lawfully use it. The new OpenWeb interface is a project by Pli, BH and a few other teams and uses a completely new port to the older one. we had and have no control over this so if you wish to complain to them then by all means do so.

also as i pointed out in the very post above yours between the ip and port number you need to use the : symbol as follows 192.168.x.x:8080. I dont mean to offend but your just as guilty as those your accusing of not reading posts through properly.

As i also stated in post 3 you can manually change the port the OpenWeb interface uses your self by going into the settings and changing it but you seem to have ignored that part of my reply.

no probs mate, I did try it with the : and the . last night, and just trying it now it still doesnt work, is there something I need to adjust with the openweb interface on the box settings as that can be the only thing thats stopping this as its certainly not me doing anyting wrong at the computer side here, can you advise me on that please ?

Larry-G
18-03-12, 17:00
right now i'm at work so i cant really talk you through anything. maybe someone else can assist you in changing the port for OpenWeb interface.

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 17:11
Just go to menu/plugins/open webif. Change the http port from 08080 to 00080, then save it. Then i ur browser on ur pc type 192.168.x.x and that should get u bak in. Your typing the above address wrong thats why its not working. The http port was changed from the default 80 to 08080. Hence why people are telling u to start typing it like 192.168.x.x:08080

will try that and let ya know how it goes, cheers, thats all that was asked, how can anyone be expected to know if no one tells them, know what I mean, lol ?

And @ maxwell mate, I do know grammer, you dont need to tell me what a colon etc is.

End of the day, I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong here at the pc, I just wasnt picking up on this new open web interface thing, how could I possibly know that ? Yes I seen someone mention it but I still wasnt aware of it as i didnt even know it was there, see what I mean ? how could someone know if they didnt know anything about it ? :confused:

anyway, I will try again and will make sure to come back and tell how it goes, would people rather in future I keep my posts to 1 line or 10 paragraphs of details, just wanting to know as I was advised by a superior member to tell as much detail as possible in all posts if possible, but now it seems like people dont like short posts or long posts, I cant be accurate if I dont know how to fix something, so for me I would imagine its better to go into a little detail, but if you guys prefer I wont, its up to you, just let me know cause it sure as heck bores me to death typing all this stuff out too.

judge
18-03-12, 17:26
will try that and let ya know how it goes, cheers, thats all that was asked, how can anyone be expected to know if no one tells them, know what I mean, lol ?

Wow, from what I can see, you were given the answer in the first 2 replies & many more.

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 17:40
Wow, from what I can see, you were given the answer in the first 2 replies & many more.

ok, I dont want to go on about this with you or anyone, what I meant to say was how can anyone know about this new open web interface thing that doesnt really know these boxes or firmware or anything like that inside out, thats what I meant, I cant know things like that when I am not used to it, what do you suggest, do you suggest that before anyone even thinks about buying a box reads 100 pages of info first ? I dont think so mate, if that was the case then no one would buy the thing, I am trying my best and I constantly get hammered in here for trying to ask and learn even though I dont take things in at first, second or maybe even third time, its not something you can learn overnight, I am sorry but thats the case, I think the best way is if the people that simply dont want to offer me any help or just want to point out how wrong I was etc , they should not even bother posting up, whats the point in that ? its a waste of time, so please just stop eh, please ?

judge
18-03-12, 17:43
ok, I dont want to go on about this with you or anyone, what I meant to say was how can anyone know about this new open web interface thing that doesnt really know these boxes or firmware or anything like that inside out, thats what I meant, I cant know things like that when I am not used to it, what do you suggest, do you suggest that before anyone even thinks about buying a box reads 100 pages of info first ? I dont think so mate, if that was the case then no one would buy the thing, I am trying my best and I constantly get hammered in here for trying to ask and learn even though I dont take things in at first, second or maybe even third time, its not something you can learn overnight, I am sorry but thats the case, I think the best way is if the people that simply dont want to offer me any help or just want to point out how wrong I was etc , they should not even bother posting up, whats the point in that ? its a waste of time, so please just stop eh, please ?

Just reading the release info for the image might help.

OpenWebIf - this now how has replaced the old WebIf, and as a result it uses the default port of 8088, if you want you can change it back to 80 in the plugin setup.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14236-Vu-Duo-ViX-2-3-(Linux-3-1-1)-Image-Release-s

BRAVEHEART
18-03-12, 17:55
Just reading the release info for the image might help.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14236-Vu-Duo-ViX-2-3-(Linux-3-1-1)-Image-Release-s

Ahhh I see that ONE line now in all that page text, lol, come on man, even if I did notice that which I didnt I still wouldnt have known or took much interest as we usually always expect updates just to work, know what i mean mate ?

even at that though, even if I had seen that I would not have known what to do very much without instruction, as I said, I dont know these boxes, firmware, I didnt even know a whole lot about FTP until recently either, as I said and have admited, still learning, well trying my best to learn.

judge
18-03-12, 18:05
it's ONE line because that's all that's needed.
Where did you download the image from? that page, I presume?
What more can the team do if people don't read the release notes when downloading.
Anyway, no intention of getting into a stupid argument with you but your attitude towards those trying to help you stinks.
If you keep that up, I can't see anyone going out of their way to help you.

rossi2000
18-03-12, 19:43
this is a common problem across all forums
people just cannot read, its amazing.

ideally though openwebif should of been setup on port 80 by vix if the old webif was removed.

if you are still learning all this, id suggest using google. its far more helpful than most forums.

Larry-G
18-03-12, 19:46
this is a common problem across all forums
people just cannot read, its amazing.

ideally though openwebif should of been setup on port 80 by vix if the old webif was removed.

if you are still learning all this, id suggest using google. its far more helpful than most forums.

It is in the not yet released beta images, however when 204 was released we were still also using the old web interface as not all features were yet active on the OpenWeb interface.

rossi2000
18-03-12, 19:49
aah right gotcha
the op shouldnt be having any issues then with the default webif unless its settings have been tinkered with.

Larry-G
18-03-12, 19:50
the old web interface was removed due to legal reasons but left in the feeds for those who still wanted to install and use it.

rossi2000
18-03-12, 19:54
ahh gotcha again! :O)

BRAVEHEART
22-03-12, 20:29

I left off trying this for a while as it super pizzed me off, but just as you quote here mate worked a treat, cheers, already thanked you, but thanks again :)

meant to add, it doesnt seem to save, checked again, so in actual fact i need to enter in 192.168.x.x:8088, that then gets me in, but anyway, I got there in the end eventually, lol :)